E Body 8.75 in a 67 Dart

-

Map63Vette

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried an E body rear end swap into an A body that has pictures or numbers to share? I started measuring everything up and I'm pretty sure it could be done with the right backspacing. The E body axle is only 1.5 inches wider than a B body. I've come to the conclusion that I have an F body 8.25 in my car and I recently bought what I thought was a B body 8.75, only to find that it was actually an E body housing today. However, I already bought new bearings and had them pressed on the axles. I was looking at 7" wide rims with 5.6" of backspace, and from all the figuring I can come up with it seems like it would fit just fine. If the housing won't fit can I use the E body axles in a B body housing? I checked Moser and they listed two lengths for a B body, one was an inch longer than the other, but the E body axle was only maybe .75 inches longer than the longer B body axle.

The only thing you would need to do to make it perfect is put new pearches on the diff in the right locations,spaced correctly and then get the correct rims bought or made,and buy the E body backing plates and braking assemblies to make it perfect,mrmopartech

Yeah, I'm sorting out what to do about perches now. When the swapped the F body rear they took the springs from the car with it, so I have the rubber isolater boxes and giant locater hole perches. Trying to figure out if I want to just buy new perches or modify the ones on it to fit or just buy new springs. Is there any difference in the backing plates between body styles? I had heard you could use the 8.25 plates if you drilled a fifth hole which was what I was planning to do. So I would keep all the brake setup I have and just transfer it over to the new housing.

-
Back