E body Cuda’ Slaughter but still awesome

-
Sounds like they spent a lot of cash on irreplaceable cars for yet another forgettable movie.

I guess the Diesel Vin and franchise has run its course for ruining 68-70 dodge chargers, so the movie companies got to turn their attention to wrecking E bodies.

I dont know why the OP would even post that "it's still awesome" because it's not. Its ******* stupid. Its ******* stupid that a production company would buy a dozen or so clean expensive examples of a pretty coveted vehicle to gut out with a claw hammer, stick chevy engines in, to go **** up on a production set, and discard like trash. It's called more money than common sense. Typical hollywierd mentality. I hope the movie bombs and goes straight to DVD.

Heck if you really wanna feel bad, just watch ONE.....JUST ONE episode of CHiPS. Remember that show? Just one episode. LOL
Yup...my first car ...a poor little '71 Honda AN600! Rosey Grier spills out (I think he was actually driving from the back seat with no driver seat in the driving clip) and then rips the door off and beats it to hell.
?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi133.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq63%2FNewportNic%2FCars%2FRosieGreerCHiPs2.jpg

If you want to numb yourself to CARnage...the classic Blues Brothers and the >60 Dodge "Illinois state trooper" cars (actually California police cars repainted).

Last edited:
I dont know why the OP would even post that "it's still awesome" because it's not. Its ******* stupid. Its ******* stupid that a production company would buy a dozen or so clean expensive examples of a pretty coveted vehicle to gut out with a claw hammer, stick chevy engines in, to go **** up on a production set, and discard like trash. It's called more money than common sense. Typical hollywierd mentality. I hope the movie bombs and goes straight to DVD.

Simple answer:
Production companies are NOT car guys, they're about wasting money to make more money.

We had a bad example in our midst at this year's Mopar Nationals (the 'Nats as it's now called). Anybody watch them destroy the 69 Charger jumping it? I did not - intentionally stayed away and busy in the swap meet area. A throng of Mopar nuts and you destroy one of the many iconic cars of the fanbase???? Who thought THAT was a good idea!!

Maybe so, but those cars all belonged to private citizens that made the free choice to sell. I don't like it either, but the sad fact is there's nothing we can do about it. I don't plan on seeing the movie anyway so, there's that.

Yeah, car size is one thing I'm always talkin about with Kitty. Like goin to the grocery store.....I'm always bitchin about how small the parking spaces are.....but it's true. It's a good thing we don't own a 1977 Royal Monaco. I really would be pissed off all the time. lol
When I was driving my 77 D200 4 door, it was like that for me. Wish I would have kept the ol tank... brutal truck. But, obummer gas a over 4 a gallon had me trade her for an 01 dak sport 4.7 5 spd. W/ ac. Nice upgrade, but way to small

-
Back