e body vin #

-

duster harry

Reaction score
Tryed to log in on febo but no luck, i fugured i would ask here, I been looking at 73 challenger witch a guy as painted completly, The dash vin and fender tag are gone so is the brodcast sheet, The paint on the rad craddle and fire wall cowl is to thick and i cant read the #s, My question does any one know where there would be any were else on the body the # might be, i all ready check the package tray area with no luck.. The paint is to nice to do anything with, any suggestions?

Tryed to log in on febo but no luck, i fugured i would ask here, I been looking at 73 challenger witch a guy as painted completly, The dash vin and fender tag are gone so is the brodcast sheet, The paint on the rad craddle and fire wall cowl is to thick and i cant read the #s, My question does any one know where there would be any were else on the body the # might be, i all ready check the package tray area with no luck.. The paint is to nice to do anything with, any suggestions?

Find another car.

he is not trying to pass it off as anything specail, he said it was a 318 car, the under side of the car is miint, all orginal floor pans, frame rails,inner fenders, etc, the story goes, itwas a theift recoverery back in the 70s, and it was totallly stripped, , it sat on oil drums behind a shop for many years, changed hands 3 times, slowly this guy started collecting parts, and did the paint and work,, he has a several vin tags but he begin honest and says none of them are for the car, I am going to the police station and the lincense office to see what i can do.

Just make sure you are not buying a stolen car. Try the door jams there should be a sticker with the vin in there. I would have to say X2 on the find another car.

I was hoping to get the vin off the car so i could do a used car search on it, to track down some of the registured owners, i talked to the shop owner were the car sat on oil drums and so far the story checks out, i am trying to track down the guy who bought it from the scrap yard after it was recovered, to get a letter to go to the court house with. The door sticker is not there, but i know my duster has the vin on the package tray, but the challenger doesnt, may on the frame rail or some where else?

Even if you could read the numbers on the radiator support or the cowl, it would only be partial. The first 5 digits wouldn't be there anyway so any title company or motor vehicle department or future owner would be sceptical. This is why there is a big market for VIN tags and titles online. Ebay has listings all the time...which should be illegal. I think Ebay even changed their policy on allowing such items for sale anymore. Companies like Dynacorn even suggust transferring VIN numbers from a rusted shell to one of their new reproduction bodies...that is illegal. I really hope you can find the VIN on your car and straighten out the paperwork. Good luck to you.

there is also a stamp in the tranny hump underneith most of the time it is hard to see on the drivers side by modulator valve

as owner for title which has vin and how he registered it? what does he say?

Partial vin on the cowl and on the radiator suppor,trunk lip under the trunk seal on the drivers side.You maybe able to get a State issue vin. Jim

My opinion is the same as #2. Why do you want this car so bad? The amount of hassle to get this car is worth only getting it for track use only.

Just my opinion..

The #s on an e-body are only on the dash vin,fender tag,radiator support;top of the cowl apron(driverside near the cowl vent screen)E-bodies don't have #s in the trunk lip or trans tunnel.I have one and have owned a few that I completely took apart at the spot welds,starting at the roof skin and working my way down.As far as trying to read the #s,try a magic marker(non permanent)and a different color than the surface color and then lightly wipe it away.

-
Back