E brake cables.

-

Fisher

Old Guy with a Cool car.
Reaction score
71 duster was 7-1/4 diffy that got sold complete with leaf springs and tires.lol I needed new parking brake set. My collector if you will where the 2 cables meet have 2 holes, one for a large ball and one small ball. The new cables arrived, both with large balls pardon the pun. also the pass side is 2" longer at the collector where the 2 cables join. This may just be money down the tubes, where can i get a correct set of cables for this car now with an 8-3/4 with 10" drums.

When I did my 7 1/4 to 8 3/4 swap, I just used the parking cables that went to the 7 1/4. Worked perfect.

67-71 have unequal lenght cables that both anchor on the Driver Side. 72-up has equal lenght cables that anchor on each side right about at the front spring hanger.
I have both styles, if you need them.

Here are some pics of what i got going on. as you can see the cables are not equal and thats an issue.
212vksm.jpg

96etz7.jpg

2w2nckl.jpg

Spent $45.00 went to truck repair shop. Cute girl there re made inner cable and ball ends to fit. As it turned out, the long cable was fine the short drivers , side was 1.5" too short.

-
Back