E brake question

-

moparker

Reaction score
Working on my sisters Challenger. Had to replace wheel cylinders. In the process I had to remove E brake cable. How do I move the spring that covers the cable up enough to slide into the slot on the bracket? Thanks in advance for the help.:banghead:

Needle nose pliers. :)
Pull the spring back with the tips and grab the cable to hold it there till you get the end in.

The mechanical engineer will say we shouldn't bite a cable or wire rope with a tool that can scar/cut the wire. Always use the proper spring compressor tool.
Don't stop me from using diagonal wire plier anyway. Fits nicely between spring coils, etc.. They haven't caught me yet. :)

That's what I thought. I was gettin tired. I also had A tooth pulled today so I'm not hittin on all cylinders. Might be easier with another set of hands also. Thanks beast.

The mechanical engineer will say we shouldn't bite a cable or wire rope with a tool that can scar/cut the wire. Always use the proper spring compressor tool.
Don't stop me from using diagonal wire plier anyway. Fits nicely between spring coils, etc.. They haven't caught me yet. :)

When I started reading your post I said oh no here comes the BS about the "proper" way to pull the spring back! Then you finished up with the same way I've done it for 40 plus years.

Yep :D

They say alot of things.

Wire pullers! That's a nice trick. Thanks guys.

-
Back