E-Streets

-

440 Mike

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the Edelbrock E-Street heads (5090, 5093) have powdered metal valve seats, and how can you tell by looking at the seats?

Lots of contradictory statements out there, even from Edelbrock.

5090EstreetChamber001.jpg

E-Street.

I have not seen an edelbrock head in awhile, but of them I have used had standard hard seats in them.

They may have switched to PM seats by now though, so I'm just talking out of my hat at this point.

can you harden PM seats? Its just a treatment or would the induction heating involved remelt the seat?

can you harden PM seats? Its just a treatment or would the induction heating involved remelt the seat?
From what I remember, PM does respond to heat treating. Don't know what you can get out of it though. I could be wrong, it's been a while since I was in a metallurgy classroom.

powdered metal seats sounds lame.If they are, you are not going to heat treat them more than they are, already inserted, without removing them and crossing your fingers. call Edelb and ask. if those are the heads u want run them as is and get back. I run 3418915 340 heads , 1970, since 1995, no hardened seats added, cut to 2.055/1.625" no problem. High quality Manley stainless valves help

Problem I have heard the most about the E-Streets is, the springs are lower quality and won't take as much abuse, as the standard RPM heads. I have no experience with either but, have heard this more than once.

-
Back