E-TOWN jinxed?? another racer killed

-

fstfish66

Reaction score
another racer looses his life at ENGLISHTOWN, NJ today at qualifing for the super nationals,,,,milville nj driver in the A/FC class

another sad day in NHRA,,

It's a dangerous sporting event to run in no matter the class. Be it a run what ya brung bomber or top notch rail, you can die in a worst case event. Lord GOD heaven forbid it ever happening to anybody. But it can and will happen.

This is bad to hear. Best wishes to the family of the driver.

Yes unfortunately our favorite sport is pretty darn dangerous. Even if you do everything right and your car works great somebody could always cross the line and take you out.

Yes unfortunately our favorite sport is pretty darn dangerous. Even if you do everything right and your car works great somebody could always cross the line and take you out.

Yes it is and yes it can happen. I saw a guy a flip his bike right at the starting line at my last sanctioned race. He was taken off on a stretcher and did not move, ever. I still hope and pray that he was OK.

Years ago at Island Dragway I seen a Colt with a tube chasis go *** over tea kettle. Car had a 440 in it. Balancer came apart at the end, tore the filter off and away he went, out into the corn fields. Luckily the cage did its job and the driver walked away....

I'm not sure what happened but if I remember, isn't English Town one the tracks that have a short run-off after the finish line? I'll bet in the near future you are going to start seeing NHRA enforce a lot of the older tracks to start bringing themselves up to date as far as safety is concerned. The cars are getting to fast for these older tracks. There have been too many drivers in dragracing that have gotten killed in past recent years. I went to track in Tennessee and I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many drivers didn't have the proper safety equip. Several guys running in the low 11 sec. range not wearing helmets or jackets. A guy driving a low 8 sec. dragster without gloves or face shield on the helmet. I'll pray for the family of driver who lost his life.

Years ago at Island Dragway I seen a Colt with a tube chasis go *** over tea kettle. Car had a 440 in it. Balancer came apart at the end, tore the filter off and away he went, out into the corn fields. Luckily the cage did its job and the driver walked away....

Now that is something to tell the kids about. :cheers: Thank goodness he walked.

Years ago here I was accused of overbuilding. My response is that if you want to use inferior parts go kill yourself, but don't kill your competitor or spectator. 'Nough said....

There have been too many drivers in dragracing that have gotten killed in past recent years. I'll pray for the family of driver who lost his life.

I will too. May God Bless their souls and may the driver be able to dragrace the stars. My condolences to all those affected.

Over on yellowbullet someone said that it was rumored he had a heart attack during the run....for what that is worth....

Well, that is why the NHRA fuel cars now go 1000 instead of the full 1/4 like they used to. Kallita in the funny car 2 or 3 years ago. Short run off. Slowed 'em down for a bit, but ingenuity will bring the speeds up again. Only a matter of time. Wonder if Pro Stock and all of the other classes will now go to 1000 feet?

That is plain crazy for someone to loose there life that way.Shut downs should be longer and a large rubber band fron one side to the outher side to stop the car.Plain crazy I say.

My condolanses to all his family and friends Neal Parker I just learned was 58 years of age and held the fastest pass in The Pro Outlaw division was essentially an open-bodied version of the Pro Modified category consisting of nitrous injected and supercharged race machinery. Parker became the first driver in the class to record a five-second run
He will be joining George Ray racing with the stares as ramcharger said.
I hope they go to the drawing boards and make this track safer for these fast drivers.
Or even an electronic shoot deployment device so as they pass the line the shoot will deploy automatically if the deployment button fails in the car.

-
Back