e85

-
there are alot of new cars make for flex fuel...gas or e85...and they are low compression...

They have computer management systems that can continuously take advantage of changing fuel grades.

Put E85 in an old carbureted car with low/modest compression and all you will get is low power, a shorter driving range, and increased cost per mile.

That is a beautiful busa I wish I could stretch mine and retain suspension lol. I'll be backhalfing mine this winter with a rgid frame and 8 inch slick.

yes you can have lower comp and see gain you have to advance timing as far as possible but like i said if its low compression go turbo or supercharged. almost all mopar v8s will handle about 6-8 psi stock as long as the tune is right. that means a 360ci will make 540ci power with the same VE. And a 440 will make 660ci power at the same VE that is how the chevy guys are pulling 600hp out of 5.3l. Honestly if someone is willing to put 3k into the block 1k into good heads and about 600 into fuels management I can see 1000hp being viable on e85.

here are a few more pics of it.. I love this bike.. I built it from the ground up. Turbo was done at NLR by Seb...

Attachments

• clean003 (Large).jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 137
  • clean004 (Large).jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 148
  • clean005 (Large).jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 134
  • clean007 (Large).jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 153
  • tag.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 133
  • turbo006.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 130
  • turbo011.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 144
E85 wouldn't be a good choice for your compression.

I disagree as I know his car. He's mainly asking about the running temp difference which IMO will be noticeable. He has a strip only drag car so keeping the intake charge temp down will be beneficial. Arizona's summer heat is brutal.

With the higher octane rating, additional timing might bring out some more power. Once he gets the tune dialed in after the conversion, he has the option for higher compression in the next refresh/build.

I plan on bringing my car out with a stock junkyard low compression 440 (8 to1) on pump gas and doing the conversion to see the benefits. I'll post the results.

I disagree as I know his car. He's mainly asking about the running temp difference which IMO will be noticeable. He has a strip only drag car so keeping the intake charge temp down will be beneficial. Arizona's summer heat is brutal.

With the higher octane rating, additional timing might bring out some more power. Once he gets the tune dialed in after the conversion, he has the option for higher compression in the next refresh/build.

I plan on bringing my car out with a stock junkyard low compression 440 (8 to1) on pump gas and doing the conversion to see the benefits. I'll post the results.
I am swapping the radiator for an aluminum one and installing a trans cooler next weekend. Hope to see an improvement on the next outing. If your results are good Robert, I will swap to e85. The next engine, 408/416 will be higher compression anyway.

E85 has less energy than normal gas. A high Octane rating does not equal more power.

Octane rating is just resistance to detonation. E85 is great but you need to squeeze it harder and pump more in.

It's totally pointless on an 8.1, 440.

-
Back