eagle crank/pilot bushing problems anyone

-

DARTBOY340

Reaction score
this last weekend i went to put a pilot bushing in my eagle crank and the bushing doesn't fit, it's to small. has anyone else had this problem?? i think i'm going to have a custom one made. or is there one i have to get right from eagle? any input would be great. ](*,)

Try one for a 93ish Dakota. It's a bearing..not a bushing and fits in the converter hub register. Worked perfect on my BB Eagle crank. Should be available local(NAPA) for less than $20.00. Worth a shot...hope this helps you!!

oh yeah, forgot to mention that, i tried that and the splines from the input shaft hit it so i had to remove it. that was my original plan.

oh yeah, forgot to mention that, i tried that and the splines from the input shaft hit it so i had to remove it. that was my original plan.

Really??....Dammit,thought I had some good info to help you out. Now I'll watch this thread and learn. I hope someone else has the answer for you!

The crank may not have been finish reamed. Napa has a special pilot bearing for them if they are drilled like the factory ones.

Sorry.. pilot bushing... The Magnum style hub/bearing should have fit fine... Mine have. Are you certain it was in all the way?

I had the same issue with my crank. But the Mopar pilot bearing that fits is any Mopar pilot bearing from about 93 on up will work. The center is the same size as the original bushing only difference is the center is a bearing. If you have a custom one made, make sure the bronze material is self lubricating like the factory ones or it will make noise when it gets hot. Already been through that!

I believe Mancini Racing sells the one you need.

-
Back