early 273 intake ???

-
thanks for the info. I wonder if that is what Ma Mopar used for the D Dart intake? I understand the top plane was at an angle, surely it was ported , but I figure that #726 was that intake???? just curious.

I just read through my D Dart files and I'm pretty darned sure the stock intake was used with an adapter to make the Holley Carb work. The D Dart was a 66 so the intake would have been a #2536563 for the non California intake. (CAP) The 65 intake bolts are smaller and at a slightly different angle than the 66-7 intakes.

I have a friend that has a supposed D Dart intake, I will have to look at it next time i'm there. he has it with a Mopar guy I've known for decades that makes a living with high end mechanical rare stuff. I was just curious as I have little knowledge of the D Dart. me, i'd be happy with small 4 bbl on that low comp 273 if it would be worthwhile!!

thanks for the info. I wonder if that is what Ma Mopar used for the D Dart intake? I understand the top plane was at an angle, surely it was ported , but I figure that #726 was that intake???? just curious.

I haven't heard that the carb surface was angled. The intake was supposed to be a stocker according to NHRA rules. If you find a intake with the carb surface angled it is probably a marine intake. That's the way they were built. Here's a link to a D Dart site. See #4 about the intakes. There are also lot's of threads here on FABO about the D Dart that you can access by using the search function. We have some D Dart owners here. tmm
http://www.seriousviewers.com/D-Dart/spec.htm

Probably not worthwhile. Just send me the intake so you won't be frustrated!

If you have the 64-5 heads the #563 and #771 intake won't work without modifications. And yes the intakes have a slight angle to the carb base.

(You knew that already) tmm

-
Back