-
Status
Not open for further replies.

convx4

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for an early (65-66) a-body A/C actuator. A 67-72 might work.

It is vertical actuator that has a rod length of 11 1/2" ( in its retracted position) and has the mounting studs on the same side as the rod.

PM through the board. Thanks

Attachments

• 1966 valiant AC actuator 001 (Medium).jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 81
I'll look through what I have here later today. It is possible to open these servos and replace the rubber diaphragm.

One of the nubs that the vacuum hose attaches is broken off on mine.

Is there a write up on how to open it up and make the repair?

Where do you get replacement parts?

Please enlighten me, I'm up for the challenge.

The thing was crimped together by machine. To open it by hand you need to make a series of cuts then lift/uncrimp the sections. Inside is nothing more than a piece of inner tube to replace. Repairing that broken metal port wouldn't be so simple.
Compression fittings for plastic tubing use a ferule on the outside and a sleeve on the inside. That sleeve has a tiny flange that can be brazed to the inside of the servo. You may need to drill to hole larger.

All the servos that I have with long rods have 2 vacuum ports.
None are exactly 11.5 either.

My measurement of 11.5" was with the rod compressed. Mine is exposed to have two ports on it one on each side of the diapharam. I think with the rod pulled out it measured 12.5". The important thing is that the two mounting studs are on the same same side as the rod.

These are my under dash parts that I am working with.
I am missing the bracket that holds the temperature slide lever also missing the cable and the fan switch on that bracket. First picture with dash bezel.
The temperature controller (Silver) that has a probe that is fed in to the core is broken.
I have a 67-68 plastic air deflector that houses the louvers, but it is too large for the opening. Is there some thing I am missing?
The actuator that is center most has a broken stud.

I also am looking for:
the offset gas peddle with throttle cable for a slant six.
A metal radiator fan schrod for a slant six.

The under hood parts I will use new replacement parts to complete the system.

Attachments

• 1966 valiant AC parts 001 w words (Medium).jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 1966 valiant AC parts 006 w words (Medium).jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 60
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back