Early A body gas cap

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
search e bay,,,and moparts,,but get ready,,unless you have a friend out there,,they usually arent cheap,,,only fit 63=66 A body,, maybe 62 valiant/lancer but not sure... some times on e bay you can find one cheap if no one is bidding,,and there is a guy on the early valiant barracuda web site making caps that fit,,but dont look orignal,,,there are some locking caps on e bay usually if your in need of a cap,,,hope this helps,,,i have none left,

The guy making the billet aluminum ones has a very nice aqua blue one that I'm sure he'll sell. I know this for a fact because I gave it to him. He was going to use it as a template to make an aluminum version, but then said it can't be done and he still has the cap. He paid $0 so make him a good offer, it's real nice. They sell for $100 these days, he'll probably take less. Tell him I sent you!

I know many of you have had troubles with Laysons but they list one for $59.
If you need one it would be worth a try. I would contact them and check their inventory b/4 you pay. MIke

We have those caps in stock and ready to ship, part #RD-606AF gray primer version $59.00, and RD-606AFC chrome version $79.00.

I bought a 1966 Valiant gas tank filler tube with a cap for about $15 on ebay. Broaden your search a bit & maybe you'll have better luck. (Sorry, the cap's not for sale right now. Maybe later.)

I have a really perfect one in Mopar Green,not sure of the actual color name.Make me an offer,be glad to make you a good deal. Good Luck, Dan

you could always get a filler neck from a 67 and up,,and modify it to use the newer cap,,,but im not sure if the diameter is the same size from the older early A to the 67 and newer,,,any one have both caps to compare ??

i sold a N.O.S. replated early A cap to dave layson about 5 /6 years ago,,,had no idea he was repoping them,,,,nice that he is,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back