early A-Body Mopars with GEN3 HEMI installations/swaps

-

1965cuda

Reaction score
Does anybody know of Gen 3 Hemi engine swaps done on early A bodies, I have a 65 Barracuda and would like to fit a Gen 3 Hemi 5.7/6.1if it is not to difficult. :cheers:

Does anybody know of Gen 3 Hemi engine swaps done on early A bodies, I have a 65 Barracuda and would like to fit a Gen 3 Hemi 5.7/6.1if it is not to difficult. :cheers:
Welcome to FABO.If you use the Search feature and type in Tincup,s name,he has built a 64 Dart with a Gen II Hemi.Good luck.

I'm thinking the same as you, but from what I'm hearing it is a bit more involved than on the later A bodies. Coil overs and tubular K frames seem to be recommended. I haven't given up yet on a lower cost path, but it will be difficult. Keep posting what you hear, I'm interested. Thanks.

Thanks guys, I am looking at using the tubular K frame from Magnumforce, I just want to make sure there is enough room it fit it in-between the inner fenders and clear the hood.

It fits just fine with a tubular K. You can check my 63 Dart GT

Thanks Tincup, if you follow the link from 64DartGTinAZ it has some real good info and photos of a 64 Dart bt Dogenut64 however it has not been completed. If you have any photos of the engine in place that would be appreciated. What sort of gearbox are you going to use on the hemi crate motor.

-
Back