Early A-body steering wheels- pics please

-
I like a smaller wheel.

Dash and steering wheel in 65.JPG

Thought I'd revise an old thread instead of starting a new one.
I replaced my original wood grain wheel (that's worn to a nice tan) with a grant real wood wheel. I didn't like the GRANT in the center, so I took an old horn button I had laying around and shaped it to fit.
IMG_20200425_142854967.jpg

4B02A95E-40DD-44DC-B894-5C64037C0921.jpeg
As OP: Here is what I ended up doing.
I took the factory wood grain wheel. Ground out cracks and using plastic epoxy fixed all issues. Then 1 coat of sealer and 2 coats of primer. Base coat and 7 coats of clear.
Thanks for revisiting a post I started 2 years ago. I’m glad people can use this collected info to help what they need. I’m also glad you chose to reuse existing info. The “search” feature is awesome.

That red looks awesome. Compliments the interior better than the wood wheel would have. I thought about doing the same thing with my original wheel. I decided against it, because a black wheel sitting in the sun isn't much fun to grab on to.

That red looks awesome. Compliments the interior better than the wood wheel would have. I thought about doing the same thing with my original wheel. I decided against it, because a black wheel sitting in the sun isn't much fun to grab on to.
Thanks for the compliment- red is not so hot at all. I’m sure black is a totally different story.

-
Back