Early A Body upper control arm bushings.

-

ram45red

Reaction score
I'm rounding up parts to rebuild the front suspension on my 63 Dart Pro Street project. I'ts a back half car with 14.5 x33 slicks with ladder bars. Plans are for a stroked small block bracket car but one day may be converted to a street cruiser. I have donor lbp disc off a 75 Dart complete with upper control arms,non power assist master cylinder and porportioning valve. I also have a v-8 center steering link and larger 11/16 C Body tie rod ends. I also have new upper and lower ball joints. Haven't decided on upper control arm bushings yet. Do I need offset bushings or OEM style. Should I use poly or rubber? After blasting and welding on reinforcement plates I installed OEM rubber lower control arm bushings. Thanks for the help everybody.

What about using offset bushings or not ?

It will depend on how high you want the front end to be off the ground. If you don't use offset bushing you can't get the front end very high because you won't be able to get it aligned. Also, if the front end has been damaged or bend the offset bushing will help offset some of the tweeking that the front end has experienced.

treblig

-
Back