early a body v8 tortion bar question

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
hey guys. i have a 65 valiant that i will be rebuilding the front end on. it is getting the big bold disc swap and the c-body tie rod ends. it will also be getting the lower control arms boxed. it will be a driver but i want it to handle better then stock. car is factory /6 car and will now be a 360/904. it has the factory bars in the car still and i would like to upgrade.

1. are all a-body bars the same?

2. what would you guys recommend for bars? i want it to be better then stock but not be jarring. the wife will be driving this car alot.

cost is a big factor here. i have seen used bars for pretty fair prices but dont know what will suite my needs.

A body torsion bars are the same, I'm running the big block bars in my 340 demon and ride is great,

Im running the v8 bars I think 875 works real good with a front sway bar.

Start out with a set of common factory .870 bars and spend your money on a front sway bar and GOOD shocks (Bilsteins). Out back use a set of factory HD 6-leaf springs. This is basically the factory HD suspension and makes a great starting point. Larger aftermarket bars can easily be added later on as funds allow.

I have a spare set of .870 bars I'll turn lose of pretty cheap if you want them.

And yes, all 63-76 A-body torsion bars are interchangeable.

yes all abody bars will fit.,

i would get a set of just suspension 1" bars. it will be nice and firm but no where near harsh. you will love them. or should i say she will love them.

yes all abody bars will fit.,

i would get a set of just suspension 1" bars. it will be nice and firm but no where near harsh. you will love them. or should i say she will love them.

I hear chicks dig girth. Lol bigger bars it is.

If you can find a v-8 A Body that came with factory air they came with heavy duty torsion bars. I had a set in my 340 65 dart wagon out of a 73 duster that worked fine.

In my Valiants from 1960 and 1961 I have bars named 628/629 from the factory, these are 383BB bars.
Early A-body V8 bars are. 624/625 SB 2bbl, 626/627 SB 4bbl. 628/629 383BB.

-
Back