early a-body vs a-body

-

madmax2

Reaction score
Hello....
Teach me... what are the difference between them? (engine bay, front-end, weight, dimensions, etc)
In Argentina have early a-bodies 'only':-D... thanks

Hello....
Teach me... what are the difference between them? (engine bay, front-end, weight, dimensions, etc)
In Argentina have early a-bodies 'only':-D... thanks
Welcome to the site,you can do a search through members photo gallery and it,ll help you see the names and differences with our A-bodies.Hope it helps

What we commonly refer to as the "early A" is 1963-1966. 1967-1976 ware the later A bodies which have a somewhat wider engine compartment (for big block). Although export and offshore production cars had different names and sheetmetal variations, I think the basic structure was the same as the US cars.

Pop the hood, if you can see the wiper motor, it's probably a later A.

thanks to answer... but my car it's an early a-bodie, I know distinguish (no b-bodie or a-bodie).
In Argntina not have a-bodies...
Chrysler Argentina build all '62- 79 cars using the early a-body (or narrow a-body) chassis. Not have a Duster 70 at hand to compare.

I like to know what difference (in dimension) are in the front-end, k-members, suspension parts, frame width, engine bay, interchage parts, etc, etc, etc ...

-----------------
for information:
Chrysler Argentina build the Valiant line, v-200 and Darts all 4-doors... when build the GTX asign the brand Dodge to them.
I'm admin of www.dodge-tech.com.ar forum...

Hello,
the early a-body k-members, frame width and engine bay are 2 inch smaller than the a-bodys.
But you can use very much suspension parts from the a-body.

Peter from Germany

thanks to answer... but my car it's an early a-bodie, I know distinguish (no b-bodie or a-bodie).
In Argntina not have a-bodies...
Chrysler Argentina build all '62- 79 cars using the early a-body (or narrow a-body) chassis. Not have a Duster 70 at hand to compare.

I like to know what difference (in dimension) are in the front-end, k-members, suspension parts, frame width, engine bay, interchage parts, etc, etc, etc ...

-----------------
for information:
Chrysler Argentina build the Valiant line, v-200 and Darts all 4-doors... when build the GTX asign the brand Dodge to them.
I'm admin of www.dodge-tech.com.ar forum...
Welcome to site. Do you have any pics of you're version for us?
Hope these help!8)

1964 dart pict 1.jpg

clays dart 1.jpg

dart 67 010 1.jpg

69 & 64 at show 1.jpg

Send pics of dashboard and engine compartment. The outer body sheetmetal of your car is nothing like any variant sold in the US.

That's a great looking car but it looks nothing like what was sold in the US. We'll need to see pictures of the engine compartment.

Hola to you Madmax2. :)

The differences between USA versions and South America versions,
are mostly in name and model. Many of the suspension hard parts will interchange.

The "Export" versions were often built in the country where they would be sold, with slightly different seat covers, than what we will see here in the USA.

It is nice to see that there were other versions built in other Countries,
and this helped the local economy, and allowed people to take Pride,
that they had a car built at "Home". :)

The overall width of the 1967-1976 cars is wider,
especially different is the inner fenders/engine bay width;
and the Kframe is narrower, on the 1963-1966 cars.

The Argentina GTX is a nice looking car. 8)

http://www.valiant.org/

http://www.valiant.org/south-american-valiants.html

http://www.valiant.org/argentina.html

http://www.allpar.com/world/argentina.html

Dodge_GTX_01.jpg

the dash look like a Barracuda rally dash... the shifter it's like GM shifter (no hurst), the transmision is an A-230/4 with 4 speed (argentine modification), the 1969 Dodge GT 4-doors and slant six have an A-833 only. The rear-end have a Dana 44 with 2:87 gears.
The hood it's like a Duster '70. Too much Plymouth parts... but here he was named Dodge.

I'm interested in the engine bay and front suspension parts difference.

i have an early A- body too that i just finished up.. when i measure it shows 1 1/2 inches narrower than the regular A-body..

billyjay: your car it's beautiful ... in my country this car was named Valiant III, 4-doors only (no 2-doors)... the Dart 270 '66 was named Valiant iV

-
Back