Early A Body Wagon Pass Quarter Panel

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was lucky enough to find a nos one for the driver side a couple years ago.
In the process of putting it on now.

man good luck. that can't be an easy one to find.

You ain't kiddin! I finally gave up. I am fabricating mine from 65 Valiant fenders... Believe it or not I figured this out by accident, but a left front fender from a 65 valiant is almost a perfect match for the right rear quarter on a wagon and vice/versa... will start posting some pics when I can, probably not until the weather breaks...

I am fabricating mine from 65 Valiant fenders... a left front fender from a 65 valiant is almost a perfect match for the right rear quarter on a wagon and vice/versa...

That will probably be the easiest way, the wheel opening are very close.

Hey 1965fish, post up some photos of the Barracuda in your avatar. That looks very nice and would love to see more of it.

Here are some more pics of the fish for the blown twin.

fabo1.jpg

fabo2.jpg

fabo3.jpg

fabo4.jpg

fabo5.jpg

fabo6.jpg

fabo7.jpg

Man that looks good!

You don't see too many of them painted this color. That's the original color on my car and my parents had a 65 slant 6 4spd this color.

Man that looks good!

You don't see too many of them painted this color. That's the original color on my car and my parents had a 65 slant 6 4spd this color.

Thanks,

Do you hav any more pics of the blown fish. (under the hood)

Thanks,

Do you hav any more pics of the blown fish. (under the hood)

Here are a few photos, it's funny how the light changes it quite a bit. The one of the engine is old and I have since cleaned it up a little so it is less cluttered.

P1070008.jpg

Photo1318.jpg

Photo1572.jpg

Photo1577.jpg

Here's a thread I started on it last summer. I also added photos throughout the thread.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=69374&highlight=finally+got+photos+of+blownfish

Very nice car. My car had the same fenderwell headers on it at one time. I like chassis headers more so when TTI came out with a set I scooped them up and repainted the engine compartment with new NOS fenderwells I pick up at Carlisle a few years earlier for when I retore the car. It was originally silver and its a fourmula S car that I have all the original drivetrain.

Very nice car. My car had the same fenderwell headers on it at one time. I like chassis headers more so when TTI came out with a set I scooped them up and repainted the engine compartment with new NOS fenderwells I pick up at Carlisle a few years earlier for when I retore the car. It was originally silver and its a fourmula S car that I have all the original drivetrain.

Thanks!

I couldn't use the TTI's, there only like 1 5/8 tubing. I needed the 1 7/8 tubing because of the blower and the TTI's are too tight a fit with the clutch linkage and the Lakewood scatter shield. The engine also stays cooler with the fenderwell's than with chassis headers.

Mine was originally a 273 4spd car but not an S, I've owned it almost 28 years and the guy that gave it to me when I was 16 owned it since he got out of Vietnam back in 68 It looks a little different now. but it was a Hotrod since 69 or 70 so restoring it was never an option.

cuda006.jpg

cuda.jpg

That's pretty cool. Mine was my fathers before he sold it to me in 1991 and he bought it in 1982 for $400. I won two track championships with it before he passed away. he would go to the track every week with my brother and I.

Have you ever ran yours down the track?

somebody really should start making wagon patch panels. i doubt it will ever happen, i will probably just end up getting patch panels for an austrailain wagon.

Have you ever ran yours down the track?

Not yet. I want to see what it will do but I need different tires before I will chance it, and I may need to rework the ladder bar mounts. It's a 416 stroker with a blower and I can break the tires loose in third without any effort.

I was playing around with it out on an unpopulated concrete hwy and I can drop the hammer in third doing 60 and the *** end comes loose without any effort at all.

i got caltracs for the car and the split monos will have them on the car for some test and tune before the first points race the year i have to start all over with the animal 416 i put in it and still thinking of putting a dana in it

how hard is it to get the front end torn down like you show in the one pic?? im in the teardown phase of my project and need to know since i want to do the restoration right

thanks

Tony h

how hard is it to get the front end torn down like you show in the one pic?? im in the teardown phase of my project and need to know since i want to do the restoration right

thanks

Tony h

It was alot of work taking the whole front ent off, but its the right way to replace the inner fenderwells.

Would be helpful if you posted exactly what car you are working on and maybe a pic of the damaged area someone may have a patch panel that can be used to do your repair
I need a passenger side quarter panel for an early A body stationwagon.

Would be helpful if you posted exactly what car you are working on and maybe a pic of the damaged area someone may have a patch panel that can be used to do your repair

I have a 1965 Valiant Stationwagon, but it really doesn't matter what year dart or valiant station wagon quarter panel. I need the whole bottom half of the panel.

Thanks Waggin

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back