Early A Door Seal Installation?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I don't find any threads explaining the ins and outs of installing these rubber door seals that are colored on one side. Anyone know of a thread here, or have instructions? Workin' on a '65 Formula S. Are they cut/trim to fit? Need adhesive? I have questions like that. Thank you.

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

The fabric side goes on the inside and the rubber on the outside of the pinchweld. To install start at the middle of the bottom pinchweld and wirk your way around till you get to where you started. Cut it just a bit linger so it’ll be a nice tight fit against your starting point. When you ordered them did you tell them it’s for a 2 door?

Once the seal is in place, does the carpet butt up to it, with the sill plate over it all locking everything down?

The fabric side goes on the inside and the rubber on the outside of the pinchweld. To install start at the middle of the bottom pinchweld and wirk your way around till you get to where you started. Cut it just a bit linger so it’ll be a nice tight fit against your starting point. When you ordered them did you tell them it’s for a 2 door?
Except, it doesn't go all the way around on a hardtop. Start at the rear top end where it fits into the quarter trim piece. Work it onto the pinch weld all the way to the A-pillar. No need for any sealer....it should fit tight enough on the pinch weld.

Last edited:
True! I gotta stop thinking how everything goes like on my 2 door sedan wagon

-
Back