-
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilcuda

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Early factory front sway bar off my Barracuda. Needs cleaning & paint. $80 plus shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_0581 (Large).jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 421
How are the bushings? where are you located?

I'm in Northern California. I think the bushings are in decent shape. Let me take a closer look at them. You want a close-up photo of them?

Thanks!

On that note count me out. So much for first in line. Thanks for the heads up RRR hope things are looking up for you these days.

I'm gonna jump in here. To begin with, let me state that I've known Lee since 1987, shortly after he bought his Barracuda (as it used to be mine, with one owner in between). Lee is a straight shooter, but as I see this, there were two people interested. One wanted more pictures, the other wanted it regardless and spoke for it. I've sold lots of parts over the years and even bought a few. First one to state that they WILL buy it gets it. There are lots of tire kickers out there.

I'm gonna jump in here. To begin with, let me state that I've known Lee since 1987, shortly after he bought his Barracuda (as it used to be mine, with one owner in between). Lee is a straight shooter, but as I see this, there were two people interested. One wanted more pictures, the other wanted it regardless and spoke for it. I've sold lots of parts over the years and even bought a few. First one to state that they WILL buy it gets it. There are lots of tire kickers out there.

Thanks for the kind words, Jim. Dunno what's going on here. Now the person who said they wanted it has backed out due to shipping charges being higher than they wanted to pay.

I'm not trying to screw anyone over here. Just trying to clean some old parts out of my garage and help somebody with their project in the process.

well, for what it is worth, I don't think that was right. seller asked if he wanted to see close up pics and said he would take a closer look at the bushings. I think he should have had first shot or at least given the opportunity to turn it down. It is not a good practice to buy some things without a closer pic of a concerned area. He should have at least sent the pics to him and give him a day to decide.

no you shouldn't have. the man expressed interest in it and took the seller up on more pics. the right thing to do was let him see the pics and decide and you should have been first in line if he didn't take it. he may be out of luck. I hope it works out for all. Bill

Like I said, I've had too many tire kickers to miss out on the first serious guy. Now, if that guy backs out, it's another story. We don't know how serious 2manymopars is, do we? Most of us work during the day and check in from time to time. We don't have immediate access to the parts to get more pics. Personally, if I wanted it (but I did already own it at one time) I wouldn't care about the bushings. They can be replaced. These bars are not nearly as common as later bars.

This (How are the bushings? where are you located?) is not a serious offer, in my opinion.

Like I said, I've had too many tire kickers to miss out on the first serious guy. Now, if that guy backs out, it's another story. We don't know how serious 2manymopars is, do we? Most of us work during the day and check in from time to time. We don't have immediate access to the parts to get more pics. Personally, if I wanted it (but I did already own it at one time) I wouldn't care about the bushings. They can be replaced. These bars are not nearly as common as later bars.

This (How are the bushings? where are you located?) is not a serious offer, in my opinion.
jim I agree with both you statements and I really would of taken it but this guy is estimating shipping instead of getting a serious price quote I have shipped sway bars to cali for 29-36 dollars so the 70-75 quoted is way out of line,,,jmho....good luck on the sale,,,if you can get an accurate quote by going to ups and letting them weigh it,,along with the right size box i'm still interested...sd426

The problem with sway bar shipping is the size. I'm not real sure on the early bar, but as I recall the late bar puts the package into an oversize which jacks up shipping. Weight is irrelevant to the cost of oversize shipping. That's why I still have the 67 Barracuda notch vinyl top trim...

Normally the first person to express an interest has first chance and anyone else falls in with a second in line, third in line and etc.... I would have to think this was more than tire kicking since there was open communication between the first two parties.

The ad didn't even give a location so what is the first buyer to commit until the details are in? Lol, it could have even been across the big pond and then what would shipping cost?

Bob, how pissed would you be if someone did this to you?

We all have different views on interest, but unless a DEAL has been made, first to say they WANT IT gets it. Like I said, I've seen lots of tire kickers and even guys who said they had to have something and then never show. I recently had a guy call about some seats that I had (not Mopar). He said he'd take 'em at my price ($200). He never called again and I wound up giving the seats to a good friend of mine. The other guy still hasn't called...

We all have different views on interest, but unless a DEAL has been made, first to say they WANT IT gets it. Like I said, I've seen lots of tire kickers and even guys who said they had to have something and then never show. I recently had a guy call about some seats that I had (not Mopar). He said he'd take 'em at my price ($200). He never called again and I wound up giving the seats to a good friend of mine. The other guy still hasn't called...

Spoken like a true craigslist veteran. You make mention of work, check the time stamps on the posts first response back to me @8:37 a.m.I am already at work my reply @5:27 P.M. I just walked in the door. I am not going to commit to buy something that MIGHT be in the condition I need. I am a very serious buyer and would not have posted if I did not want it. I don't want my time wasted and do not waste others.At this point no matter how bad I need it I will find it elsewhere. I am a man of principle. Here is a quote pulled from my PM box from 2 weeks ago reflecting my standpoint on this type of occurrence.

Originally Posted by davescuda
i have not been on, sorry. i like to make payment. just making sure its still mine.
thanks dave

Originally Posted by 2manymopars
It is yours. I honor first in line not first with money.

No contact for days and I still waited before moving on to 2nd and 3rd Via PM.
That is just how I conduct my sales, to each their own.
GLWS.

You know that about yourself, but does anybody you have not dealt with? Posting another transaction means nothing.

I still stand on my original statement that what you wrote in your first response would not have made me think I had a buyer. Like I also said earlier, I've known Lee for a LONG time. I used to own his car and I know when this sway bar was removed for a custom larger bar when none were available.

Well Jim, we don't know how serious superdart426 is either do we. After all he backed out also. it is for a different reason. he said shipping was too high. at least 2manymopars was trying to get all the info and pics before he made a commitment instead of just jumping in and committing on the deal and then backing out. Me personally, I would rather have a buyer get all the facts and make a commitment based on shipping, costs and like the pics given than to have someone say" I will take it" and then change his mind and back out and leave me hanging and then not sell it because others are pissed off. that is why most people on here give a price shipped, so there is no questions. I think this was handled wrong. the really bad thing here is the seller is the one who offered to take a closer look at the bushings and offered to send the pics to the first man interested. I think he was wrong in even entertaining another buyer until the first man had an opportunity to see the pics and make a decision. I think we need to be better than that on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back