Early A Flip Top Gas Cap ADAPTER

-

4mulaSvaliant

Reaction score
Hey guys, well I have had nearly as many requests for an "early A" version as I have sold of the Later A adapter. So I am going to start the research into making this. Really it will be very simple. I think I may just need to change one dimension, to compensate for the deeper recess in the quarter panel.
Either way I figure Ill start a list of interested people and if there is enough guys onboard Ill have some made. Anyone interested just Post up and Ill add you to the list which will be kept in this thread. Thx guys!:cheers:

Here is the link incase you have no idea what Im refering to.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=53282

Are you talking about the flip top gas cap??? But one for an early A???? Like my '65 barracuda??? Explain. Or are you the guy that was making the adapters??

wow 62' Hmmmm, Im trying to get a local guy here to let me come over and measure a few things on his 64' Barracuda, but I'm not sure I know of anyone that has a 62 Lancer. I guess I better clarify. I'm thinking 64,65,66 Valiant Barracuda, and Possibly Dart. I have to get together with a few members from the local club to take a few measurements if I am going to get too many versions made. "TMC" I have had some members here wanting to help by giving measurements but since I am selling them and people obviously expect them to fit correctly. Id like to make sure of the measurements I have.
Hell that's why I have a job, people misunderstand others explanations all the time!
Ill say this for you REALLY early A guys. Let me get the 64-66 done and Ill see if I can round up a 62 or so to check out as well.
Thx guys!

or here is another option. aviation LOCKABLE gas filler! a little pricey,but worth it!

DSC02163.jpg

DSC02164.jpg

DSC02165.jpg

DSC02166.jpg

DSC02163.jpg

DSC02164.jpg

DSC02165.jpg

DSC02166.jpg

While that is bad ***, I would have liked to have kept attention on what the thread was created for. lol But seriously, that's sweet!

Hey guys, I am waiting on 64_Barracuda to get back into town and then hopefully he will let me come over and take some measurements.
Just an update.

The one I got from you works just fine on my early A Body and I was in the first group.

Thanks

Wow, wracks, that looks great. Do you have a part#/supplier (looks like one I've seen through Aircraft Spruce) and some basic pointers (what mods are needed?) on installing this? Thanks!

wow 62' Hmmmm, Im trying to get a local guy here to let me come over and measure a few things on his 64' Barracuda, but I'm not sure I know of anyone that has a 62 Lancer. I guess I better clarify. I'm thinking 64,65,66 Valiant Barracuda, and Possibly Dart.
Thx guys!

IIRC the 63 A Bodies use the same gas cap as the 64 through 66 A Bodies and should be the same. I read someplace that the 60/61s were unique (and not just the appearance) and the 62s were a transitional year for a lot of stuff so the adapter might well work for a 62.

I have not installed mine yet, but looks to be able to work on my 65 cuda as well (1st batch)

I'd like to see some detailed pics of one on an early Barracuda. I'm definitely interested. Don't know how I missed this thread until now. Kids must have been hogging the PC. :toothy10:

I too would like to see how it is going to work and look. I would like to havesomething like that on my 66 fish.

I have one installed on my 65 barracuda, I used a 69 charger cap, I just filled the area around the nozzle and used a later a body adaptor, it is smooth and flawless.

if that works on the 63-66 cars -- it will work on the 60-62 cars as well-- The 62 is almost identical (suspension/parts) to the 63-66 cars -- the 60-61 cars suspension was quite different -- but the gas cap fit my 62 valiant -- so they should all work-- I no longer have any of them around for measurements though, Lawrence

-
Back