Status
Not open for further replies.

paulclark

Early A fanatic
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
Checking to see if anyone has a spare floor pan for an early A-body. I was looking at modifying the AMD 67-up pan, but for the price (500 shipped) I could get a brake, shear and rolls from Harbor Freight and fab my own pan and tunnel out of sheet metal. Only thing better than that would be if someone happens to have an early A pan to spare - so I'm checking here just in case. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul

I have a pair of these too, but I need to cover a much larger area including the driveshaft tunnel.

As you can see, this is far more than just a matter of patching a hole. Here's the pair of floor pans I ordered, which several people kindly suggested. At first my plan was to use these as the basis and fabricate around them, but it's such a large area that I'm thinking it will be better to fabricate - or replace if possible - as much of the pan as I can. Sure does make it easy to get at the transmission linkage though!

Attachments

• floor2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 142
thinking of taking an entire later pan and narrowing it, to get the rigidity of the tunnel.

400-1067_800.jpg

http://www.autometaldirect.com/amd-67-74-dart-71-74-scamp-full-oe-style-front-floor-pan-p-812.html

i bought the patch panels from auto body specialty.

if i ever do it again, i would just replace the whole pan. that being said, the fronts fit real nice the rear pans not so much and need some tlc to get them nice nice.

Just so you know, 63-66 Dart and Valiant floor pans are different if you're
looking for a full pan. The front is the same, the rear area is different due to the
Valiant's shorter wheel base.

This 64 parts car I used to have, is back at the local yard, but I could still source what is left of the floor pan(s). Sold the LR foot well, all the back to the factory seam/spot welds which were drilled out. The rest, especially the RR well is good, but the fronts are pin holed. Most likely from having three layers of carpet stapled in it when I acquired the car roughly four or five years ago. I would go with whatever Mr. Robinson has, seems to be an upstanding individual.

Attachments

• 100_1674.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_1678.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_1679.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_2255.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_2254.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 120
Status