Early-A Hood to Radiator seal?

-

65Valiant310

Reaction score
I have the hood to cowl seal, but cannot find the hood to radiator seal. Clips are there on the car, yet no seal, and cannot find a source to buy. Only find 66 a-bodies.
Anyone?
thanks!

I to would like to find one for my 65 dart. I have one on the car, but it is hard as a rock.

Were did you find the one for 66?? I would bet they are the same.

Here are a few pic of my original one.

Attachments

• 000_0002.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 489
  • 000_0003.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 478
Found it on there, thanks all for the link and pictures. What does the seal do exactly? Seal air in/out?
Chrysler 'A' Body
Hood To Radiator Seals With Clips
66ACRS 65-66 Dart & Valiant $45.00

Were did you find that?

Found it on there, thanks all for the link and pictures. What does the seal do exactly? Seal air in/out?
Chrysler 'A' Body
Hood To Radiator Seals With Clips
66ACRS 65-66 Dart & Valiant $45.00

For those more interested in function than correctness, I replaced the brittle hood to radiator seal in my C body a few days ago by cutting from a roll of dense neoprene rubber I bought off ebay (Mil Std). I will do the same for my A-bodies. I used the same rubber sheet to replace the inner fender splash shield seals on my A-bodies, as well as replace a brake booster diaphragm (appears to be "un-obtanium").

On my A-bodies, the status is "will do". My 65 C-body has holes in the hood w/ square wire clips securing the seal. The original seal was just flat rubber 2.5"W x 37"L. Not much to show, just "punch hole in rubber and push clip thru".

My 65 Dart has similar holes in the hood. I don't know if I have the clips since I haven't replaced all the missing trim and parts that were in the trunk. I don't know what the original seal was, but I probably flat like my C-body, not L-shaped like in 604's photos. My 64 Valiant doesn't have any holes, and I don't see evidence someone filled them. Maybe they didn't have a radiator seal in 64. If I add one, I'll just secure w/ weatherstrip cement. No interest in fussy judges evaluating my cars at a show anyway.

I am guessing it just seals the engine bay so air doesnt get pulled from the hood area?

It forces the ram air to go threw the radiator, instead of over it. Helps with cooling.

Here are a few pic of my original one.
I guess darts and Valiants/cuda have the seal in different area. My Barracuda's seal is right up against the hood latch.

I received the Ford seal. It is the same length and almost the same width(1/16-1/8" very small) The fasteners are not in the same spaces, but the first and last hole are. The Ford fasteners are a little bigger. Basically, if you are not afraid to drill a few holes that no one will ever see, you can save $25 with this seal, it will also be easier to get in the future as well, since the Fords have a better support network, than our early A's.

Just got my new seal form Restoration Specialties. Worth every penny. While it is for a 66, all I had to do was cut it down a little. Every hole lined up perfect. While it is spot on for the 66, the shape is a little deferent than the 65. But close enough that I am happy.

-
Back