early a interchange and good guy alert!

-

sweatybetty

Reaction score
first off a big thanks to Neilb for the a pillar trim.
neil is fair on prices and get the parts to you fast.
second, the 66 cuda uses a plastic a pillar trim that likes to turn to dust when you touch it. i bought a set from neil that came of a 65 cuda. these are metal and a bit different but they fit and cover everything they should. the only problem i see is the holes dont line up so ill have to drill new holes in the pillar itself.
so if you need the trim start looking at earlier cars for the metal.

i should have some pics later today

ok heres some pics
1st, 2nd and 3rd pic shows the difference between the 2 parts. the only real differences are the location of the screw holes and the flange where the trim meets the dash. this leaves a gap between the dash pad and the trim that can be filled or just left as is. i think i can live with it as is. this sure beats the plastic parts. i dont think anyone is repoping these yet.

pillar trim 1.JPG

pillar trim 65 vs 66.JPG

pillar trim 65 vs 66-2.JPG

pillar trim installed.JPG

pillar trim installed at dash.JPG

If anyone is interested I have a complete set from a 64 Dart GT, black metal. Leftover from a part out. Jimbo

Hey, couldn't you use some red ends like what Neil found for me? Well he found some black ones, but I do believe that I have some red ones around some where.

Hey, couldn't you use some red ends like what Neil found for me? Well he found some black ones, but I do believe that I have some red ones around some where.

Neil did send the ends. there is a squarish hole in the top of the dash that the ends hook into. but i dont think that they will fit quite right. im thinking of pulling the dash pad loose and trying to get the ends to fit but havent decided yet. i may try making something out of some metal. i could solder/weld something to the pillar trim that fills the gap and is permanant.
gonna have to think on this a bit............
the main reason i posted this is because ive had a couple other members tell me that the trim wont interchange but it does.

Hey mopar lee nice valiant. A friend of mine used to have a 64 barracuda he stuffed a 383 into about the same color but with a 6 pack scoop looks very mean!

i believe it was me that said they woudnt work,, i had a metal set out of a 64 years ago,,,before i ever heard the word modify,,,,i wish i stil had them now to modify,,,,,

Me two fstfish66.we all can see the light know

-
Back