early a k frame spacers?

-

hw612

The Mopar Martian.
Reaction score
sanyone run k frame spacers? would it be an issue with geometry and alignment angles? working on a bigblock 63 and thought this might help with clearances and help give that old nostalgia look.

If you're thinking about putting spacers between the K-member an the unibody, quit thinking about it. It won't work. First, the upper control arms mount to the unibody, so the spindles would be too short. You'd have some serious camber issues unless you went to a longer UCA. And even if you did that, the bumpsteer would be obnoxious. Second the torsion bars also attach to the unibody so they would no longer line up with the LCA's.

I realize the old "gasser" look is cool in the eyes of some. But there's a reason why that fad didn't last very long the first time. It didn't take long to develop cars which were quicker and far less evil handling.

I am building a 64 Big Block Dart and plan on doing the same thing.

What I have found is that if you use the later disc brake spindle (F body type) it is 3/8" longer that the A body disc brake set up. In addition Howe makes a 1/2" longer upper ball joint. These are popular with the circle track guys.

So in theory if you used the above parts you could space out the K member 7/8" and your geometry should be ok. I have run this by Bill who makes the alterkation setup and he said that it should work ok. By the way he is the one that told me about the Howe ball joint.

Good luck,
Mike

-
Back