early a mini tub

-

sweatybetty

Reaction score
another member asked me about mini tubbing so heres a short "how i did mine" explanation and some pics
i had the car on a rotiserie so that made things fairly easy
i started by cutting the inner "half" of the wheel well along the interior side panel and along the frame rail flange. IIRC this left around a 2-2 1/2" gap when the ww half was posistioned next to the framerail.
basically i just filled the gap with some 16 gage sheetmetal. there were also some other holes that needed to be filled and welded. i then sealed everything with vulkem caulking and then used hurculiner bed liner over the whole car. thats why you cant see any seams
hope this helps

cuda tub after cutting2.JPG

cuda tub after cutting.JPG

cuda tub rough weld.JPG

cuda tub outside sealed2.JPG

cuda left tub inside.JPG

inside rear bedliner.JPG

Cool. Thanks for the pictures. What size tire can you get in there?

Your pictures are worth a thousand words.:hello2:

Did the stock inner panels still fit in the storage area or did you need to do some mods, ie does it still look stock under the back window?

what did you do with the fuel tank? was it in the way at all? where did you run your exhaust? thanks.

i had to do some trimming on the panels between the wheel well and the trunk divider, and the floor part between the wheel wells, no bigee. the fuel tank and exhaust are between the framerails so that shouldnt be an issue
i also removed all the brackets and mounts for the rear seat and plugged the seatbelt bolt holes
also added a peice of sheetmetal to fill in where the rear seat was. the one with all the holes in it. this should make it easier to install carpet. the carpet is going to have to be custom fit now though.

PA130005.JPG

very nice work on the mini tubs. thanks for the pics

thanks great pictures answered my questions on how to! we all know why we do it! just dont know how!

-
Back