Early A non radio car antenna plug?????????

-

Reaction score
Removing my radio from my 65 Dart. I was wondering what did mopar do with the antenna hole on cars that did not come with a radio?? I would not think they would go to the trouble of making a deferent fender with out a hole. But more likely had some sort of a plug to go in the hole. But I can honestly say I have never seen a 65 with out a radio. Any one happen to know what was done on these cars?? Thanks!!!!

The cars without radios did not have any hole in the fenders. The dealers had to cut the hole in all fenders for some makes of cars even if they were ordered with a radio.

I know forsure after lookingin my 65 DArt 270 that came without radio that Chrysler did not do hole behind the kick panels if the car was ordered without radio.

I know forsure after lookingin my 65 DArt 270 that came without radio that Chrysler did not do hole behind the kick panels if the car was ordered without radio.

Thanks! Dose yours have a hole in the fender? I may just see if I can find a chrome plug to fit the hole till I get it repainted.

Thanks! Dose yours have a hole in the fender? I may just see if I can find a chrome plug to fit the hole till I get it repainted.

Hi! No mine does not have the hole. Either the factory or the dealer did it. Want pictures?

Thanks,
I believe you. LOL I will have to have it welded up when I do a repaint.

My 65 Dart wagon came without a radio, just a block-off plate and NO hole in the fender

I hope the Cessna "was" a rental...YIKES!
Brad A&P

To funny,
I am an A&P to. The Cessna was a "Pilot error" at a little strip by my families farm in OH. The pilot missed the road, after he missed the runway. I had to take a pic of it. The funny thing is some one put the sign "Learn to fly hear" by it after I took that pic. They walked away from it. A good thing. But boy was it crunched!

Go to Home Depot or similar. In the plumbing department they have chrome plugs that block off the sprayer hole in some sinks. It works until you can weld up the hole.

Go to Home Depot or similar. In the plumbing department they have chrome plugs that block off the sprayer hole in some sinks. It works until you can weld up the hole.

Thanks,
That is what I am planing on doing. Should get me by for now. Thanks

-
Back