-
Status
Not open for further replies.

68383S

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
Here is a brand new set of small block fenderwell headers for an early a. I don't remember the brand and they have been in the atic for a few years. Maybe somebody will chime in if the recognize them. Nice thick flanges. I paid $700 for them will take $600 shipped.

Thanks

steve

Attachments

• 20131008_110102.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 252
  • 20131008_110110.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 250
I think those are Hedman Huslers, the angle throws you as they go up and then down the back of the inner fenderwell. They are going to fool some new guys as not looking like they will fit in a traditional manner. Big buck header as stated.

Those do not look like a fender well header ?? Unless its the way there pictured

These are fender well

Attachments

• HOK-5215-1HKR_xl.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 176
They look exactly like a set of JR fenderwell headers that put had on my 64 Barracuda in 1972. Mine had a round collector flange but JR went to a three bolt in the late 70s. They will probably require a heat shield for the master cylinder as the run pretty close but otherwise they work nicely.

Yes, they actually work well. There is a bit of an issue with tire rub on the front tubes with larger front tires. I had 185/70R14 on the front of my Barracuda and if I was turning hard and hit a bump they would just rub the spot where the collector and tube meet. So, tire size and/or wheel offset should be considered as all four tubes run down the back of the fenderwell next to the front framerail. Not a serious rub but something to keep in mind.
Back when I got mine there wasn't a lot of choice in street headers. Hedman made some that looked quite similar to these he has for sale but I couldn't afford Hedman, Hooker made a semi-fenderwell(still do) but those were way out of my price range and then JRs. Mine came uncoated just like those in the photo. I had them on a car for thirty years, took 'em off and they are resting above the shelving in my shop waiting until I get a chance to use them on a project down the road.

There you go. I had huslers at one time and they looked a little different but then again, I never seen or heard of JR headers...another option!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back