Early A Side glass

-

Tincup

Reaction score
Anyone have any pic's or know how the side glass go's in a 63 Hardtop, ( how the regulator attaches to the glass ) It's been so long I forgot....:wack: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone have any pic's or know how the side glass go's in a 63 Hardtop, ( how the regulator attaches to the glass ) It's been so long I forgot....:wack: Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it's the same as a 66,65 or 64 hardtop or convertible then it's easy (front door glass) Harder (rear quarter glass) really tight in the rear quarter are

the regulator has a umm mushroomed head pin that slides into the channel that is on the bottom of the glass (I used white lithium grease in mine and had to push in on the back of the arm to get the tensioner to move back and let the mushroomed head slide in) and the pin slides into the plastic piece that's in a hole in the glass. and the other end slides into the channel in the door (towards the door panel side the you can move the regulator into it's mounting points and bolt it in. then you have ton's of adjustment's to make to get a good seal and easy roll up.

I'll see if I have any pictures of it tomorrow

If it's the same as a 66,65 or 64 hardtop or convertible then it's easy (front door glass) Harder (rear quarter glass) really tight in the rear quarter are

the regulator has a umm mushroomed head pin that slides into the channel that is on the bottom of the glass (I used white lithium grease in mine and had to push in on the back of the arm to get the tensioner to move back and let the mushroomed head slide in) and the pin slides into the plastic piece that's in a hole in the glass. and the other end slides into the channel in the door (towards the door panel side the you can move the regulator into it's mounting points and bolt it in. then you have ton's of adjustment's to make to get a good seal and easy roll up.

I'll see if I have any pictures of it tomorrow

Thanks Vert

pictures should help

Attachments

• IMG_0010.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 106
To install regulator first, Next horizontal piece with 2 rollers sliding. Then long moon shaped slider in front, followed by last short slider. Bolt on window at point when access to bolts. Adjustments I have to learn about first.

edited: OOPS there is a back guide that I missed on the first side.

-
Back