Not open for further replies.

hotrod swinger

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
For my 1966 Valiant Signet:

1B879B61-F1B6-4853-9BF7-56AFDE76A8C3.jpeg

This is what I have now, I just don’t know what can be done with it, doesn’t look right, pieces missing.

E0455979-AEA2-473F-9827-6057ED243B80.jpeg

Early As did not come with the Super Six. They had "Supper 225" on the air cleaner, but the Super Six was the factory 2 barrel option available later in the 1970s. What you have there is a one barrel.

It’s a two barrel carb and two barrel intake
Ok gotchya. Hard to tell from that angle. Is this an automatic or manual transmission? Might be easier to call Bouchillon and see what they have than trying to scare up super siz linkage everybody wants a million dollars for.

Ok gotchya. Hard to tell from that angle. Is this an automatic or manual transmission? Might be easier to call Bouchillon and see what they have than trying to scare up super siz linkage everybody wants a million dollars for.

Oh great, another one of these parts people want a million dollars for. Just like the x heads, 340 exhaust manifolds, factory air cleaners, lol

thanks for the tip, I’ll try those guys.

Does that mean mine is upside down and twisted?
No. That means you are trying to use the one barrel throttle bracket. The Super Six two barrel is different.....and hard to find. That's why I recommended contacting Bouchillon.

Not to sound like a jerk but why not copy what you’re missing in that picture? You could prob buy 14-16 gauge carbon steel and use an angle grinder to cut the parts out. Just get it working and find a better looking part later if you really need it. Just my thoughts…

All advice appreciated.

I’ve been thinking I might just install a manual valve body. I’ve never used one before and this car has a floor shifter. Might be fun to try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back