Early A trailer hitches

-

az426hemi

Reaction score
How about some pics of some early a trailer hitches. I am thinking about putting one on my car.

I would like to see how others have done it.

I am also intersted in buying one if any of you have a spare.

Thanks,
Mike

What are you wanting to tow? Got the hitch on my '66 Valiant from Uhaul. All I use it for is a bike rack though.

Just read your post. Ive got a couple on parts cars. one is still on the car. Its like the dealer put on mine when I bought my 66 Dart. I guess you would call the other aftermarket. I know you want a picture but i will have to get one if interested and figure out how to post it.

I have to look, but may have an extra one laying around. These were very light duty hitches.

The original dealer hitches were chrome, they were bolted to the inner two bumper bolts and had an arm that went under the car that got bolted to the spare tire well with a steal plate for strength.

They say the 80's and 90's Caravan hitch is the right width to fit. Have to drill to get them to fit in. I contacted a guy that had a 65 with a 2" Reciever on his and thats what he told me.

The hitch the original owner put on my dart, ripped a hole out of the bottom of the spare tire bump on my trunk where they had bolted it to.

Blowfish your right . Thats what one of mine look like. And when i got mine torn loose I put a piece of flat stock on the inside of the wheel well it worked fine.

-
Back