Early A Windshield Replacement

-

Tincup

Reaction score
Has anyone used a replacement windshield in their early A ? I tried putting mine in last night and it seams a little small......

I just had my windshield installed again,after having my car painted.I bought the windshield 3 yrs ago and yes it seems small.I just thought it was the original gasket that had schrunk?Maybe I need a new gasket?

not sure what models you are talking about or windshields either. i got a windshield from a glass broker for my 62 and a gasket from Oz. it all went together great, no more fog. check it out!

Attachments

• IMG_4646Copy.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 329
not sure what models you are talking about or windshields either. i got a windshield from a glass broker for my 62 and a gasket from Oz. it all went together great, no more fog. check it out!

It looks great.

My 64 Dart window seemed small also. I wondered if it was the gasket. Jayson

I have a new gasket and the glass seams to loose, plus I measured my original glass and the new one was 1/8" shorter..:wack:

I wouldn't be a bit surprised. We had a 65 chevy truck that we was forced to order three different gaskets until we found one that was short enough to fit around the wind shield tight enough.... they was to long... all the gaskets was the same part number but different sizes! My boss agrees on one thing and that is products arent what they used to be ...glass and gaskets. Most of the time the glass is proper size but the gaskets are to long. But not always that this the case... the glass is the problem.

Not sure of manufacture that had made mine....glass or gasket. It seems to work fine. I had windshield guy put in for me. I got the one with the blue at the top or what ever you call it.

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 237
-
Back