early B body rear in my duster

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Whats needed to get these brakes off? I think someone said I needed a puller? I want to put a 4.10suregrip in before I put it in, but I want to know what will be needed before I put it in. I know its just a bolt it since the pads are off 1/2 in? I think thats correct but all info welcomed

If the rear is a 62-64 you will need a brake drum puller to get them off. You might be able to rent one from Auto Zone/Advance. The guys over at the 62to65 Mopar forum usually swap those type of rears out for a 65-70 because of the brake drums.

ughh i think mines 65 but the drums were hard to come off

If you post a picture of the drum you're trying to get off, we can tell you whether you need a puller or a BFH.

If you have the center axle nut, I don't know since I've never worked on one of those, but if it's not:

Put some good anti-rust stuff on the center of the axle where it is rusted to the drum and on each lug where it is rusted to the drum. Let sit for a while, then come back with either a slide hammer to pull it from the outside or a BFH and a drift to punch it off from the inside. Make sure you work your way around evenly. If the brakes sheoes are frozen to the drums, pull the adjuster plug out and try loosening the adjuster. Then try going back at it again.

Good luck with your project.

-
Back