Early Barracuda wood grain emblem disassembly..

-

jedindl

Reaction score
I have searched the forums but not having any luck finding out how to separate the clear lens from the emblem on the center piece of my wood grain wheel horn button. Can anyone point me or clue me in how to do take off the clear plastic part so I can repaint the faded red on the emblem.

HornButton.jpg

Yes you can. If you search my threas 1965 Dodge Dart Charger. I had a NOS steering wheel from a Chrysler boat and they had just a black cenre emblem. I switched to a NOS dart emblem instead and it looks factory installed.

Thanks for that info, Ulf. I will check it out. Does anyone have an NOS or very good Dodge emblem for sale? I have a very nice button from a Formula S Barracuda and would like to swap it for a Dodge button, or a Dodge emblem, if they can be replaced.

I don't want to switch the emblem (as you can see I have already removed it from the pot metal), I want to get into the emblem and repaint the red. I didn't see anywhere in your 120plus page thread where you did this. Did you split it open to repair, or just replace the black plain emblem with a Dodge emblem Ulf?

No. I put it all back together. The back is one piece, but it looks like there is a lens on the front on top of the emblem. Wondering if it is possible to separate them or not.....

Ok I know some of them are one piece and clear. The colors get painted on the back side first then silver painted over the colors. Not familiar with the early
ones.

If it’s silver on the back under that are the colors that were painted on first. If you can remove the paint in a way not to damage the plastic I can be repainted. A citrus base stripper may do the trick.

-
Back