-
Status
Not open for further replies.

72Swinger360

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
This setup is a little beat up but is restorable. I was told this setup may be for the early 53 and up Chrysler hemis. I am unsure if this is accurate so please do your research and know what you are buying first.

The carb needs rebuilt, has vacuum choke, needs restored. the casting number is 1731703.

$100.00 plus shipping

If interested PM Joe through the site

Thanks,
Joe

Attachments

• 361int1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 428
  • 361int2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 413
  • 361int3.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 423
Any numbers on it? What motor did it come off? There were a bunch of those old Hemi motors, makes, and displacements and most doesn't interchange

That's a dry four barrel intake for a 331, 354 and 392 Chrysler Firepower. Car applications only. It won't work on truck heads.

Thanks for the info RustyRatRod. Now I know what this setup came from, now I just need someone to buy it from me.

That's a dry four barrel intake for a 331, 354 and 392 Chrysler Firepower. Car applications only. It won't work on truck heads.

Aren't the 331 and 354 narrower than the 392? - Sort of like the difference between 383 and 440.

I'm no expert but I own two early hemis a 241 and a270 they are Dodge short deck heads I would be interest in the head but I will need any numbers off the head as most all the early hemis were different and not much inter changed between the Dodge Chrysler and Desotos

Rusty rat rod is correct, the heads are not interchangeable (without the use of spacers) it's *** backwards to the B/RB blocks

Rusty rat rod is correct, the heads are not interchangeable (without the use of spacers) it's *** backwards to the B/RB blocks

This must be where my confusion comes in. I had seen the spacers for sale before and assumed they were for adapting the 331/354 intake to a 392. So if you or Rusty could clarify a bit more... - Which heads need the spacers? Are the 392 heads in need of them to use a 331 intake? I still don't quite get it.

The spacers are to adapt 331/354 heads to 392 blocks since the factory 392 heads are considered the "worst" flowing heads of the 1st gen hemi's.

The spacers are to adapt 331/354 heads to 392 blocks since the factory 392 heads are considered the "worst" flowing heads of the 1st gen hemi's.

Thanks big66340! I'd always heard that the earlier heads were better but was all screwed up about when those spacers were being used and with which combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back