-
Status
Not open for further replies.

nick455440

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a 904 to 8 3/4 drive shaft out of a early valiant or 64-66 Cuda, the transmission is a 73/74 904, preferably in Florida or south GA, thanks

Last edited:
Looking for a 904 to 8 3/4 drive shaft out of a early valiant or 64-66 Cuda, preferably in Florida or south GA, thanks

If your 904 is original to the car, then you’ll have a trunnion flange. It will have to be custom built for your combination. I have a conversion driveshaft for the 64/55 Valiant or Barracuda with the trunnion flange AND 8.75. I bought it from another member for my 65 Barracuda, which is long gone. PM me if interested.

My bad, I just edited the post, the trans will be a early mid 70’s 904, I think a 74 (been awhile since I ran the numbers)

Would the length be the same, I thought the 8 3/4 took a shorter shaft than the smaller rearends[/QUOTE

It should be about 49 1/2" long, center to center on the u-joints. Speaking of which, you'll need to match those too depending on which pinion flange you have on the 8 3/4. You can always get a conversion joint, but, they're kind of hassle to find if you have one fail and need it right away. Since you are using a 904, I assume you are going to use a common slip yoke with the 2 1/8" u-joint. Hopefully you have the same size pinion flange connection so you can use a stock driveshaft and not have to make one. Just makes things easier. You can always shorten your old on too, but, you'll need a yoke (if your old one has the ball and trunion joint). If you have a mismatch on the u-joint size, that might the way to go, as you can have the 2 5/8" end welded on if needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back