Earnest Hemingway can rot in hell

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
Ya know the more I read, hear, and see about Hemingway, the more I think he was just a self absorbed, liberal dipshit who got lucky with a gift of gab. I don't see a damn thing he ever did to make himself so "famous."

NOW I see on tonight's "noose" where "warming relations" with Cuba that U.S. citizens are competing in a Marlin fishing contest "named after him."

Well, screw you, Earnest. Yep, that IS how I really feel.

I cannot disagree, sir.

I never did understand how somebody known most for something that involved a reversed shotgun could be so famous.

Well....he did volunteer for WW1 for the Redcross sent to the front lines as an ambulance driver helping the injured where he was seriously wounded. On his first day in Milan, he was sent to the scene of a munitions factory explosion, where they retrieved the shredded remains of female workers. He was seriously wounded by mortar fire, having just returned from the canteen bringing chocolate and cigarettes for the men at the front line. Yeah......screw him eh?

Oh.....he also won a Nobel Prize. That kind of makes you famous.

If they named a Cuban/U.S. fishing contest after him, he obviously has no say in the matter. Wasn't one of the reasons he killed himself because he was despondent because Castro's men took all his possessions in Cuba?

-
Back