easier to put 4 spd pedals in with dash in or out?

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
i am putting pedals in a duster. is it MUCH easir with the das out. i have to take the coulumn out also, so please chime in. thanks

Its probably gonna be easier with the dash out. Laying upside down under the dash is always a pain in the *** big time.

but u cant take the dash out unles u take the windshield out hmmmm

you can put 4 speed pedals in with complete dash in... just need to lower steering column.. i put them in a complete car in about 3-4 hours..

If you pull the seat it's a lot easier.Pulling the windshield-complete instrument panel?I vote with the panel in.Good Luck

but u cant take the dash out unles u take the windshield out hmmmm
True, and that just aint worth it unless you need to replace the seal or the windshield:-k

and x2 on the seat thing, it really helps cuz all the blood aint rushing to your head

I've removed and installed them many times; I never pulled the dash to do it. Lower the column and go for it.

Lower the column... heck it's three more bolts and a drift pin to pull it out...

I say get it totally out of the way.

oh, i forgot to mention, the windsheild is out.lol
well, since i posted this, i took the dash out, as i am thinking of putting the rally dash in the car, but just do not know how it will look with a complete black dash, some bue interior, black seats, petty blue car, whaite stripes, and the blacked out twister hood option??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, i forgot to mention, the windsheild is out.lol
well, since i posted this, i took the dash out, as i am thinking of putting the rally dash in the car, but just do not know how it will look with a complete black dash, some bue interior, black seats, petty blue car, whaite stripes, and the blacked out twister hood option??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey put out some pics lets see it so far

True, and that just aint worth it unless you need to replace the seal or the windshield:-k

and x2 on the seat thing, it really helps cuz all the blood aint rushing to your head

so when u go to paint your car leave the glass no

well, i got duped by the fellow on here that sold me that 340 and 4 speed out of michagan. but i cannot find the post of it, to let the guy know. so anyway, i went to install the pedals, got it all in and all i had left was the spring. so i start looking some more on another 4 speed car i got, and the whole spring section on the pedals is hacked off. when i bought, he said it is bolt in and go........ yea, ok, not i gots to pull a set out of other car, but i do not have the patience tonight, too aggravated

still have not figured if i am rediong the blue dash, or just putting the black rally dash in it.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 006.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 005.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 135
if you run the right pressure plate no need for the spring on the clutch pedal

if you run the right pressure plate no need for the spring on the clutch pedal

well, i did just buy a hydralic clutch setup from amember, but i do not have instructions to go with it, and i do not know if i can eliminate the spring with that setup.

also, i am not sure of the clutch in the setup i bought. i know it is new, but never pulled it apart to check it out as far as brand

well with hydralic on any car i have ever come across has no spring on the clutch pedal... the fluid pressure pushes it back. only spring with hydralic would be the one on the clutch fork underneath

great! thanks a ton. now i think ill go out and install that rally dash, and if it looks good, i'll take it off flebag.lol

Lower the column... heck it's three more bolts and a drift pin to pull it out...

I say get it totally out of the way.

You're right. I do remember pulling the column totally out, now that you mention it. I rememer because I ended up using a pushrod to tap the pin out of the coupler bnecause I couldn't find my punch that was the right size..

yea, should work fine.. i put a hyd clutch set up like you bought (was for sale recently on this sight i think is what u bought) on my vega and never looked back. works nice.

racekilla, yea, that is the one i bought, but do you have any pointers, or how to install it. he does not have any intructions for it:( so i am lost

you can put 4 speed pedals in with complete dash in... just need to lower steering column.. i put them in a complete car in about 3-4 hours..

I don't think its worth pullin the dash unless you're gonna take it out for some other reason. However I do like to take the column out of the car. seems to make it easier, less "stuff" in the way not only when you put the pedals in but you are also going to have a fair bit of cutting, grinding and welding to do. Good luck!!!

DSC00522.jpg

DSC00525.jpg

DSC00530.jpg

actually before you put the full dash in.might be easier to install the pump... your gonna have to drill some holes in the firewall and mount the pump where it matches up with the clutch pedal. The bottom piece of the kit just uses w.e brackets to mount it.

well, i guess that the mounts for the slave under the car goes into the trans side cover bolts?

anyone here install one, and have any pics/pointers?

also, where does it mount on the pedal?

i would think the brackets will go in same place as the old z bar plate on the trans,

i'm not sure of where it falls on pedal.. im sure the kit the kit u bought is universal.. i think kesier had a hyd kit so maybe check there sight to see if any instructions

Put the rally dash in the car, hell my interior is white with a black rally dash and black carpet (hmmm now that I think about it this is the same color combo I have in my chevelle, I just realized this).

-
Back