East Troy Wi wrecking yard closing

-
Sad.
But a sign of the times.
I'll bet there's some good stuff in there!
Love the 2 door post Biscane.........

Was there today...... Wow. Very little if any organization. Did see a 4 door valiant, small crunch in rear, but driveable. That car overall is pretty darn nice. I have a shoulder that's bothering me, so I wasn't able to beat on the floor boards as much as I would of liked, but it seemed to be pretty solid. Say an older baccaruda, stripped to the bone already. Very very few other a-bodies. There may have been more, but the place was seriously overgrown. Some rows were just opened up. Saw a late 60's early 70's challenger/cuda, front clip gone, interior gone, basically a shell. Other a-bodies had engines pulled, say some older ones, a couple of slants. All in all a nice trip, but nothing there I could use. It had definitely been picked over, YEARS ago.... LOL. Just sent pics to my addy, I'll post them up here when they come through.

Was there today...... Wow. Very little if any organization. Did see a 4 door valiant, small crunch in rear, but driveable. That car overall is pretty darn nice. I have a shoulder that's bothering me, so I wasn't able to beat on the floor boards as much as I would of liked, but it seemed to be pretty solid. Say an older baccaruda, stripped to the bone already. Very very few other a-bodies. There may have been more, but the place was seriously overgrown. Some rows were just opened up. Saw a late 60's early 70's challenger/cuda, front clip gone, interior gone, basically a shell. Other a-bodies had engines pulled, say some older ones, a couple of slants. All in all a nice trip, but nothing there I could use. It had definitely been picked over, YEARS ago.... LOL. Just sent pics to my addy, I'll post them up here when they come through.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking about going there this Saturday morning. I might still if I have time, just for fun. I'm mostly looking for M & J body parts at this point though.

I'm interesting in their pricing. If I knew they were super cheap, I'd go in there and buy everything useful I could find even if I didn't need it right now, if only to pass on to others who could use them before they get crushed.

Ok, here are the pics. 72dodge, if you go, wear boots, and mosquito spray, cause a lotta skeeters and a lot of mud. Tough trudging. Some rows were just opened recently. They have already started to crush cars, mainly newer models in the 80's and such. Guy I talked to really has no idea what is in there. Some old guy had it, passed away and his wife wants it cleared out. Ok, here are the pics.

Attachments

• WP_20140904_001.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 155
  • WP_20140904_002.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 146
  • WP_20140904_003.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 141
  • WP_20140904_005.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 134
Yikes... they're probably crushing the cars I'm looking for... 1980-1983. I'll probably head out there early Saturday AM. Thanks for the tips. I'd love to save that Valiant. It doesn't look all that bad. But, something tells me they're not letting stuff go for "just over scrap price".

Guy told me that the previous owner drove it in the yard. They have the keys, title, he tried to get it running, but who knows if he ever started a na carb'd car? Interior looks good. It does/did have ac at one time.

Guy told me that the previous owner drove it in the yard. They have the keys, title, he tried to get it running, but who knows if he ever started a na carb'd car? Interior looks good. It does/did have ac at one time.

What's in it, a 6?

Not sure, I think the guy said it did, but I didn't look so can't say for sure either way.

OK, thanks for the info. If I make it out there, I'll report back here on my findings. I just hope as much American iron can be saved from being turned into rice burners as possible.

May need to go see this, only a half hour ride, 4 door is begging to be a sleeper

Reminds me of the Valiant in the movie Duel.

I'm not going out there today. Too much to do around here, including doing my wife's front brakes right now... more important. I might call later to see how much the Valiant is, but by ALL means if someone else gets to it before me, go for it... it's NOT something I need!

-
Back