easy dielectric grease Q

-
Yes, been using it those places for years. It also locks out moisture and corrosion on all electrical connectors.

Last edited:
Make sure to not get it on end of spark plug. It's meant to go between porcelain and rubber boot. The stuff is an insulator and may hamper the elec connection

Make sure to not get it on end of spark plug. It's meant to go between porcelain and rubber boot. The stuff is an insulator and may hamper the elec connection
Whoops, I think I misread the question. He clearly asked about the metal tips. My mistake.

No sweat I'm not an expert by any means, but this is only my opinion. Any grease is an insulator and in this case is trying to "preserve" an elec connection and keep the boot from sticking to the porcelain.
I think lol
Whoops, I think I misread the question. He clearly asked about the metal tips. My mistake.

No, dielectric grease is not conductive, so it does not improve connectivity. But it wll be displaced by the connection if it is tight enough.

Stolen from the web.

No, dielectric grease is not conductive, so it does not improve connectivity. But it wll be displaced by the connection if it is tight enough.

Stolen from the web.
DG is really our friend when it comes to using it on the bulkhead connector, exterior light sockets, and pigtails. Any place where there could be moisture intrusion! I also use it on battery terminals after cleaning them to prevent corrosion.

You can put that **** on anything. Its not conductive, easily displaces for metal to metal contact and makes removing plugs much easier. We used that stuff all day on CATV fittings and could pack the F-connector with it and still get a working connection, ie no degrading of the connectivity. Any time you have a bi-metal connection (brass to AL, brass to gold, AL to steel, etc) your gonna get some corrosion. non reactive gold to gold is the best but that's usually higher end stuff. Anytime you have a weatherproof fitting (ie O-ringed sensor plugs on a modern motor) put a light coat around the sealing ring, makes taking that fitting off possible without breaking it in the distance future.

You can put that **** on anything. Its not conductive, easily displaces for metal to metal contact and makes removing plugs much easier. We used that stuff all day on CATV fittings and could pack the F-connector with it and still get a working connection, ie no degrading of the connectivity. Any time you have a bi-metal connection (brass to AL, brass to gold, AL to steel, etc) your gonna get some corrosion. non reactive gold to gold is the best but that's usually higher end stuff. Anytime you have a weatherproof fitting (ie O-ringed sensor plugs on a modern motor) put a light coat around the sealing ring, makes taking that fitting off possible without breaking it in the distance future.
Yep, I bought a big tube of it myself when I replaced my wiring. Cannot have enuf!

OK so you can use it on both metal terminals that are going together & it keeps moisture from corroding them & there is continuity between the 2 terminals even tho both were lightly coated before connecting them? OR do you put it on the terminals AFTER they are connected?

OK so you can use it on both metal terminals that are going together & it keeps moisture from corroding them & there is continuity between the 2 terminals even tho both were lightly coated before connecting them? OR do you put it on the terminals AFTER they are connected?
Put it on as you are assembling the connections.

I use this stuff on every electrical connection on all my motorcycles .It really keeps the corrosion at bay .Started using it in my cars too last year every time I unplug something I use it.

-
Back