Eb Streetmaster 318 manifold, anygood?

-

64dart170

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this old manifold would be an improvement with stock 318 with Edelbrock 1460 carb? Please advise.........Thanks!

That's a very old single plane intake. It has a very small plenum for a single plane so it's not too bad for a small cube engine. A buddy of mine had a stock 71 Cuda with a 318 3 speed and swapped out the 2 barrel for a streetmaster and 600 Holley and it ran surprisingly good. Not sure if it's better than a standard performer though and they can be had cheap.

I had picked this up for $50.00 back when I had a job. Just was wondering if I should go ahead and put on or stock 318. We just put on Eb 1406 600cfm on it and thought we should maybe use it. Funny thing is I think I remember when these first came out!

There are better manifolds out there, a regular edelbrock performer might be a better match for a stock engine, and a performer rpm or air gap would make more power. But, if you have it and have the 4 barrel, it'll be better than the stock 2 barrel set up. I actually just put a streetmaster 318 with a Carter 625 AFB on my Challenger to get rid of the 2 barrel and its tuning issues. Car runs strong, better power than the stock set up for sure. I got the manifold and the near new carb for just over $200, which is why I have it on this engine vs a new manifold which would cost more by itself!

Now, when I replace the 318 (stock-ish, but it came in the car and I don't know much about it) with a 340 I've built up myself it will have a performer rpm air gap, but I couldn't see spending the money on an engine I really don't know much about, including mileage.

I would put it on just for ***** and giggles. You have it, may as well try it out.
We have a 4bbl stock manifold on it now, with a new eb1406. Pnly took on 1 test drive and blew the mount. It's the wifes 67 and is down right now anyway, I might as well put it on and try it?!!
Right after I get this damn 64 273 oiling properly!!

On a 318 with stock heads, in my opinion, the old single plane will outperform the newer dual plane performer. Remember, the highest HP per inch mopar smallblock, the 273, had a single plane, and so did the highest HP 318 A, (1959 I think, with (2) 4BBL's) and the Heavy service truck LA318's, and the higher HP 318's.
The small ports have the velocity to use the small port single planes to their advantage.

But thats just my opinion, I don't use dual planes for small port heads.

Well I'm convinced, I guess I'll head down to the bead blaster and get it cleaned up!:cheers:

-
Back