eBay complaint

-

comoxian

Reaction score
Hi all.

I have been buying on eBay for years and have only had a couple of problems. One was/is Harold of Spitfire Header fame, but that's another story all together.

Well, I just went to the Post Office to pick up my mail, and the present that I bought for my wife was there. As soon as I saw the box, I was pissed. OK, the seller doesn't have a long history, and I should be a little more diligent but really. I paid $15 shipping that cost the seller $5.01. Do ya think that they could splurge for a little hard cardboard or a box????????

I have bought several similar items, as Barb "Loves Lucy". All of the others have come well packed, in a separate box. This one just had a wrap of brown paper, it barely even covered the package, maybe a 1/4" overlay, maybe. How cheap can ya get???????????

What should I do in regards to the seller?

Ask for the entire amount to be refunded? Or just the shipping? Or should I ask that they purchase a new, undamaged one and send it to me, at which time I will return this POS.

Here's how it showed up, and the others that I have.

Contact the seller first and see how they react.
If no satisfaction there then contact ebay.
Good luck.

Later,
Bruce B.

Wow, that was really thoughtless packaging. As far as I'm concerned, it was damaged in shipping. Of course any insurance (if purchased) won't cover the damage being that it was not properly done.

File a complaint either with eBay or PayPal (item received not as described). They will flex it's muscle, and the seller might cave, just to avoid trouble. As a seller, I have had paypal retract funds from a sale about one year old because the buyer claimed to have not received the item. It was only a $10 or $20 deal, but I lost it.
Ebay and PayPal are pro-buyer. In this case, that is a good thing.

Since you agreed to the shipping cost, you really can't complain that the seller is profiting, in my oppinion. Lots of sellers do this to lessen the ebay fees (they don't fee on the shipping, at least when I was in it). Ultimately, when making a purchase, a buyer takes the total, and compares it to the total from all available sources (assuming there are multiple sellers with that item concurrently. But you DO have the right to have the item wrapped, then boxed. Especially with collector items where the original packaging is so important. SHAME.

Good luck.

I've had problems with people not shipping very thoughfully, too. With engine parts, no less. People just don't think sometimes. Sorry that happened. My wife has a few dolls and the boxes are just as important as the dolls. Bad thing about it, there's really nothing you can do. Well.....I did take out a full page Ebay add once for someone who sold me some cracked exhaust manifolds he represented as good. I paid for it to run for 10 days and told the whole story. I didn't call him names or blast him. I simply told what happened in a level headed, calm manor. You might consider something similar.

Wow, that was really thoughtless packaging. As far as I'm concerned, it was damaged in shipping. Of course any insurance (if purchased) won't cover the damage being that it was not properly done.

File a complaint either with eBay or PayPal (item received not as described). They will flex it's muscle, and the seller might cave, just to avoid trouble. As a seller, I have had paypal retract funds from a sale about one year old because the buyer claimed to have not received the item. It was only a $10 or $20 deal, but I lost it.
Ebay and PayPal are pro-buyer. In this case, that is a good thing.

Since you agreed to the shipping cost, you really can't complain that the seller is profiting, in my oppinion. Lots of sellers do this to lessen the ebay fees (they don't fee on the shipping, at least when I was in it). Ultimately, when making a purchase, a buyer takes the total, and compares it to the total from all available sources (assuming there are multiple sellers with that item concurrently. But you DO have the right to have the item wrapped, then boxed. Especially with collector items where the original packaging is so important. SHAME.

Good luck.

All good points. I was not complaining about the shipping cost, just the fact that they could have spent five minutes putting it in a separate box. It's not like you can't get a free box almost anywhere.

As it is right now, I may as well chuck it in the trash. How can I display a doll, new in the package, that looks as shoddy as this?

And it was described as "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items). See the seller's listing for full details."

So, should I ask for a complete refund?

I would contact the seller and see if they have another one. If not, send it back for a full refund including shipping. What a crappy packaging job :wack:.

Also, maybe send the seller a link to this thread.

All good points. I was not complaining about the shipping cost, just the fact that they could have spent five minutes putting it in a separate box. It's not like you can't get a free box almost anywhere.

As it is right now, I may as well chuck it in the trash. How can I display a doll, new in the package, that looks as shoddy as this?

And it was described as "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items). See the seller's listing for full details."

So, should I ask for a complete refund?
heres what ya need to do.
#1 did you pay by creditcard through paypal? if so contact and request a reversal chargeback. Goods not what you paid for... (obvious the condition)
#2 contact seller send pics and not eyou want fill refund for shipping and purchase.
#3 if they don't log item not as described complaint (note damaged)
Insurance has nothing to do with it.
i just purchased a 750 demon from d-bag a few eeks ago and he threw it in a box with 3 grocery plastic bags totally f'd up in transit.
i emailed him he told me to screw, i filed complaint with ebay
Buyer protection kicked in. had my money back in 7 days.
By calling your creditcard company they are also working to help you.
then file a paypal chargeback request.

-
Back