Ebay Go Wing

-

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with this Ebay aftermarket Go Wing?? It is item number 320394946070

675c_1.JPG

The price is right, and it doesn't have to be correct for the Demon. What do you guys think?!?

I see it doesn't include the support brackets, probably one reason why it's cheaper. I'd also ask what the width is between the pedestals. The cheaper one from First Place Auto Products is narrower, and will not work with the support brackets. I ran into this with mine, I'm going to have to modify the support brackets to get it to work. You could mount it with out the supports but I'd be concerned about warping the deck lid over time. Just my $.02

The "value" one from FPAP says it comes with the support brackets and the correct pedestal spacing?? It is only $40 more. Sounds like this may be the way to go.

They must have changed the pedestal spacing since I bought mine. Entirely possible, since I was told they had a lot of complaints when I asked them about it at Carlisle a couple of years ago. They never said anything about the spacing difference in their ads when I bought mine. If they've corrected the spacing issue, then I'd say go for it. One more thing, mine had a bumpy texture to it and the top surface is not flat, it's kind of wavy.

got mne and installed it yesterday i put it on my dart it fit great and lined up with stock location but the wing is really ruff i am going to take it back off and fill and sand it but you get what you pay for right all brackets and hardware was there for my dart

I used one a few years ago on my Demon......the surface is a little orange peely, but when painted eggshell black, looks good.........spacing was right, but no brackets.......I had to purchase them separately.

Overall, it was a good wing.EXCEPT for the allen head bolts!!!!! They RUST horribly.........REPLACE them before you put it on with stainless steel replacements from Ace Hardware, and repaint the little steel parts with a rust preventive enamel as well.........it'll be a MUCH better job.

I think the bumpy texture has something to due with aerodynamics, look at the surface of a golf ball or better yet the space shuttle tiles are dimpled. I might be wrong but it does make some sence to me. I'm leaving mine bumpy.

Does anybody have any experience with this Ebay aftermarket Go Wing?? It is item number 320394946070

The price is right, and it doesn't have to be correct for the Demon. What do you guys think?!?

Anyone have one? I'm thinking about biting for my '74 Duster, looks nice enough.

Anyone have one? I'm thinking about biting for my '74 Duster, looks nice enough.

I purchased one from a member here who said it was from the Paddock. It look's just like the one pictured. I did end up smoothing mine out though. It had stress cracks that I didn't notice till painted.

Here's a pic before paint.

DSC00018 (Custom).JPG

DSC00019 (Custom).JPG

Damn- Looks like I'd have to cutup the underside of the lid and I just had it painted 4 weeks ago! I'll have to pass on the wing.

Perhaps one of those D.C. spoliers instead... hmm.

-
Back