eBay ouch! $1000 for a pair of '66 Barracuda/Valiant NOS tail lights

-

SSVDP

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
That sucks! But if you want perfection................. I keep looking for the same parts for my 66 Dart but I need 4 different lights. I have seen single taillights for my car go for $500+ Not for me. Good luck with your search. tmm

Apples and apples or apples and oranges???NOS vs chinese?NOS vs Taiwan?Lots of guys put Taiwan parts on and try to pass them off as factory.I have a set of 66 used but if you are looking for NOS for used prices good luck!!!

My dad paid $100 for the 2 NOS ones on his 66 Cuda, but that was in the late 80's lol :D

I had 800 total in a pair for my 64 about 12 years ago. After I got rear-ended I would love to find another to replace my right one.

Those are NOS CHRYSLER pieces. Not chinkese. If you wanna play, you gotta pay.

Auction says "Will fit 1966 Plymouth Valiant, but will need proper lens inserts (not included)"

What are lens inserts?

Auction says "Will fit 1966 Plymouth Valiant, but will need proper lens inserts (not included)"

What are lens inserts?

The bottom 2 lenses are different, that's it, just need to install Cuda ones. I am really surprised the Valiant one didn't go higher, that was a deal on that one, bottom lenses are cheap, the Cuda reverse one is a little more. there was a NOS pair on eBay for $2500, and they were Valiant ones.

There are always idiots out there who will pay those prices and drive the market farther out of reach of us normal guys. Then you have the "gotta pay to play" supporters that boggle my mind. You could spend over $100k to fix up a car that'll never be worth more than $10k. Why does anyone support this nonsense?

Prices like that are supported at that level because there are more economically fortunate folks out there than I. I had a customer years ago who painted there car, complete show quality color changes, about every two years. Made no sense to me, but they could afford it and didn't mind spending it. Plus Ebay, like a Barret Jackson auction, is about winning, and ego plays a big role in high rollers driving up prices to "win". As average folks we will never understand their thinking. But If I win the Lotto..........

Did you ever question why they build Lamborghini's/Ferrari's/Astin Martin's/Bently's?Or maybe Beetles/Pinto's/Chevettes/Gremlin's?And why is it (normal)to be cheap?Put these NOS parts on a 50.00 Valiant and you have just ruined these hard to find parts.Some people wait and watch for years to find these NOS parts for their hard to find cars.Please don't degrade someone else just because of jealousy.

Prices like that are supported at that level because there are more economically fortunate folks out there than I. I had a customer years ago who painted there car, complete show quality color changes, about every two years. Made no sense to me, but they could afford it and didn't mind spending it. Plus Ebay, like a Barret Jackson auction, is about winning, and ego plays a big role in high rollers driving up prices to "win". As average folks we will never understand their thinking. But If I win the Lotto..........

You know what Donald Trump said when he paid $600,000 for over a 2 million dollar diamond ring? When asked why he didn't just pay it, he said, "I may be rich, but I ain't stupid."

Do you want to sell them? are the they in good shape? what about the bottem lenses any good i need them mine are bad tks Paul 34453 zip if you want to sell

-
Back