ebay question

-

66plyValiant

Reaction score
I am newer to ebay selling and a guy emailed me asking if I would accept what I set starting price at. he is the only one that bid so far. I will accept it but I'm not sure how to end the auction after he bids (still 5 days left )to make him the winning bidder. any help is appreciated

You should be able to choose to 'end auction to highest bidder'. I can't remember exactly how to do it, but I know it can be done ( I've done it in the past ).

eBay has live chat which can be very helpful. Get online with them and they'll have it figured out in no time. You could also search on the ebay page how to end an auction early.

RTom

Let it run its course. You can always relist for a lower reserve which you can start at the lowest bid.Just make sure you get your money before you ship(in either case).

I always put right in my auctions that... "I will not end the auction early for any offer, so please don't ask". Why end the auction early to accept your opening bid anyway. If he ends up being the only bidder then he wins it for that amount anyway. I will always be cordial and tell people who ask that in the interest of fairness to all potential bidders and especially people who are watching the item, I do not end my auctions early for any reason. The courtesy is extended to all bidders, even the person who asked!! Do what you feel you need to, but I know it really puts me off when I'm watching something and it disappears because someone couldn't wait to snap it up before the end of the auction, and I didn't get a chance to bid!!! Geof

I just ask Treva and she does agree to let it run it's course, I am sure he can wait 5 day's, but if you are in need of the cash now, it's your call My wife's opinion :toothy2:

-
Back