Ebola news to ease your mind

-
And "it could" get worse. A program this morning on PBS was discussing what might happen if / when the virus MUTATES into something different, IE

becomes less (I don't know the technical word) detectable, so that symptoms as temperature are less obvious, it can go around quietly infecting more people without detection

Or, mutates so that it's transmitted by various animals, cats, dogs, pigs, rats, etc.

Or via insect.

I just remember being really amazed and scared about how we reacted to this in 1976. I was thinking, man this must be some bad stuff to be reacting so quickly and strongly. I am glad they did, and now I wonder why we did not act similarly almost forty years later. It seems like we either became complacent or less smarter???

I just remember being really amazed and scared about how we reacted to this in 1976. I was thinking, man this must be some bad stuff to be reacting so quickly and strongly. I am glad they did, and now I wonder why we did not act similarly almost forty years later. It seems like we either became complacent or less smarter???

I would say less smarter at the government level.

-
Back