Ebola news to ease your mind

-
The second nurse had a low grade fever of 99 point something when the CDC told her it was OK for her to fly. Evidently they were wrong.

Right, I knew that, but what is their "official" limit? 100.4 or 104?

It really should have been a no brainer for whomever she spoke to, a nurse that had been in contact with an Ebola patient and now has a fever, they should have told her no, in no uncertain terms. In fact she really should have known better herself.

I don't understand WHY hospital officials don't put together teams of nurses and Doctors who have the same blood type to work on patients who might have or do have Ebola???? The blood type of the each team should be the same as the blood type of Ebola survivors. This way if/when one of the medical staff becomes ill it would be a simple matter of getting a blood transfusion from an Ebola survivor to help save their life. Using random medical staff personal (with different blood types) only decreases the chances of survival for medical staff who become infected!! There would have to be a team in each possible blood type for each possible patient. It's so simple...why don't they do it??? Also, in this way, the more infected medical staff members who survive (via transfusion) would only add to the pool of possible blood donors for other infected personnel/civilians.
Why wouldn't they stack the deck in their favor?????? It's bad enough that they're risking their lives, why not give them the best chance to survive. It's got to be cheaper than letting the disease infect people at random (random blood types). Only allow the disease to be transmitted to blood types for which we have Ebola survivors!!
I know, I know....IT MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE!!!

PS – If you don’t think this makes sense please let me know, does anyone have a better idea??
Treblig in Texas

I don't understand WHY hospital officials don't put together teams of nurses and Doctors who have the same blood type to work on patients who might have or do have Ebola???? The blood type of the each team should be the same as the blood type of Ebola survivors. This way if/when one of the medical staff becomes ill it would be a simple matter of getting a blood transfusion from an Ebola survivor to help save their life. Using random medical staff personal (with different blood types) only decreases the chances of survival for medical staff who become infected!! There would have to be a team in each possible blood type for each possible patient. It's so simple...why don't they do it??? Also, in this way, the more infected medical staff members who survive (via transfusion) would only add to the pool of possible blood donors for other infected personnel/civilians.
Why wouldn't they stack the deck in their favor?????? It's bad enough that they're risking their lives, why not give them the best chance to survive. It's got to be cheaper than letting the disease infect people at random (random blood types). Only allow the disease to be transmitted to blood types for which we have Ebola survivors!!
I know, I know....IT MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE!!!

PS – If you don’t think this makes sense please let me know, does anyone have a better idea??
Treblig in Texas

Make sense?

Not gonna happen when you have a director of the CDC that says this:

(CNSNews.com) - Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said during a telephone press briefing Wednesday that you cannot get Ebola by sitting next to someone on a bus, but that infected or exposed persons should not ride public transportation because they could transmit the disease to someone else.

Why would they let her fly at all? She did the right thing and called the CDC said she was at 99.5 fever. They said "well being that it's not 100.5, go ahead and fly wherever you want."

WTH??! Did they take into account at all this person was nursing the ebola patient in Dallas. I don't know anything about viruses, but if I got that call from THAT person. I'd say....get to the hospital and get checked out now by a protected staff.

Uncommon sense?

Why would they let her fly at all? She did the right thing and called the CDC said she was at 99.5 fever. They said "well being that it's not 100.5, go ahead and fly wherever you want."

WTH??! Did they take into account at all this person was nursing the ebola patient in Dallas. I don't know anything about viruses, but if I got that call from THAT person. I'd say....get to the hospital and get checked out now by a protected staff.

Uncommon sense?

Ah yes, but you and many on this board have some common sense. That seems to be very lacking at the CDC and the Whitehouse.

Jack

Let's see

Herpes scare lasted until a better disease came along. HIV
HIV paranoia, true you can develop aids but unless it's accidental blood transfusion a pretty much self inflicted disease.
Recin yep sold a lot of duct tape and poly film.
Ebola seriously, celebrity disease of the year nothing more.

They have cured people that acquired it correct.

They have cured people that acquired it correct.

Yes, but oddly enough they don't know how the cure worked, which drug enacted the cure, and it doesn't seem to be universal. Works for some, not for others.

It wouldn't surprise me if a victim's medical history plays a role in the cure, or lack of one, too. Presently there doesn't seem to be rhyme nor reason to the effectiveness of any treatment.

Oh, yes. For some reason I thought you were under the impression they have cured everyone.

10665265_10152818066573678_3090786903293447362_n.jpg

whenever my ebola gets to acting up, I just remember this!

Attachments

• Robitussin-Gallery-Template.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 131
maybe this is "African population" control. maybe their "civil " wars didn't do enough??? sad......
how can this disease run rampant there, and it NOT spread out of there!???????????

maybe this is "African population" control. maybe their "civil " wars didn't do enough??? sad......
how can this disease run rampant there, and it NOT spread out of there!???????????

Don't worry. Mr. Obama is making every effort to make sure it does just that.

Don't flame me for saying that, just look at his progress so far, and his pending plan in deal with it. One of them includes bring ANY Ebola patient who is diagnosed as being in the first 5 days of the illness to the US for treatment. His and the CDC's ( headed by one of Obama appointees) handling of this very dangerous and serious disease has been nothing less than a comedy of errors. I doubt it could have been more effectively done on purpose.

That directly violates America's long standing and very effective protocols of dealing with contagions of pandemic and life threatening character.

It should also be stated that it was Mr. Obama, himself who ended those protocols, I believe that was done in 2009. You might want to verify the date, though.

US Soldiers WON’T Get Protective Hazmat Suits for Mission in W Africa, They’ll Get THESE Instead…

By Steve Straub On October 19, 2014

us-army-africa

The Gateway Pundit reports that troops from the 101st Airborne Division will not receive full protective Hazmat suits for their mission in West Africa. They’re being sent to the heart of the Ebola hot zone – but won’t get full protective Hazmat suits.

The Obama administration claims the troops won’t need them.

Via Nashville Public Radio:

Troops from the 101st Airborne Division leading the military response to Ebola in West Africa will only need gloves and masks to protect themselves from the deadly virus, so said Gen. David Rodriguez at a Pentagon briefing Wednesday.

“They don’t need the whole suit – as such – because they’re not going to be in contact with any of the people,” the commander of U.S. troops in Africa said.

Soldiers from the 101st Airborne will primarily be building hospitals, ultimately leading what could be a contingent of 4,000 American service members. They’ll be housed either in tent cities at military airfields or in Liberian Ministry of Defense facilities, Rodriguez said.

Soldiers’ health will be monitored through surveys and taking their temperature on their way in and out of camps. If a service member does get sick, Rodriguez said they will be flown home immediately for treatment.

What do you think about the fact that our troops are being sent to the Ebola hot zone with no protective gear?

Can this administration make it's intentions any more clear? - Frankie

And "it could" get worse. A program this morning on PBS was discussing what might happen if / when the virus MUTATES into something different, IE

becomes less (I don't know the technical word) detectable, so that symptoms as temperature are less obvious, it can go around quietly infecting more people without detection

Or, mutates so that it's transmitted by various animals, cats, dogs, pigs, rats, etc.

This "Czar" that president ebola appointed takes the cake

-
Back