Ecm

-

Boony405hp

Reaction score
I need to get an ECM for my motor 2007 charger/6spd manual from 09 challenger, and had a talk to Chris at Hotwire and this is what he said:

"For your situation the simplest setup is to run a 2005 Ram Pickup Hemi
manual computer. You can try finding one in salvage if you like as the manual trucks normally didn't have security in the computer (called SKIM). We can also re-flash an automatic (2005 Ram Hemi) computer to a manual you just have to make sure the computer doesn't have skim."

I had a look on ebay and found a few 2005 dodge ram 1500 hemi auto's, i got a vin number from one:
VIN: 1D7HU18D75J622672

How do I go about checking it, I doubt ringing my dealer would do much as I'm in Australia.

Whats the process in checking?

Worst comes to worst I can get a brand new one for $650 from Chris, but the other option would be much much cheaper.

Cheers, dave.

I need to get an ECM for my motor 2007 charger/6spd manual from 09 challenger, and had a talk to Chris at Hotwire and this is what he said:

manual computer. You can try finding one in salvage if you like as the manual trucks normally didn't have security in the computer (called SKIM). We can also re-flash an automatic (2005 Ram Hemi) computer to a manual you just have to make sure the computer doesn't have skim."

I had a look on ebay and found a few 2005 dodge ram 1500 hemi auto's, i got a vin number from one:

How do I go about checking it, I doubt ringing my dealer would do much as I'm in Australia.

Worst comes to worst I can get a brand new one for $650 from Chris, but the other option would be much much cheaper.

Cheers, dave.

Maybe you could try CarPart.com, they are linked to all the salvage yards in the US. I'm sure if you can locate one, they will ship it to you.

Dave, You can email dodge customer assistance and provide them with the VIN. Ask them to email you an build sheet. You should get it in a couple of days. It would list if it has security built in to it. Another option is to have it reflashed. I know hotwire says they cannot remove the security feture but these guys can. http://www.bgperformancepcm.com/#nostaligia
The guy the owns BG use to be a programmer for Chrysler and knows the ins ans outs of their system. This is who i am sending the computer for my 6.1 to as soon as I make up my mind on what trans I plan on using.

Cheers, dave.

if you don't care about having to have the pcm flashed I can set you up with a pcm. Now what about mds? You have an mds motor are you going to remove the mds or keep it? If you keep it you are stuck w/ a pcm out of an 06 and up ram or an LX and both will require a skim. If you go w/ an 05 and older ram pcm, you will have to replace the lifters and the retainers to non mds units. Therefor requireing the removal of the heads. It's not hard just really time consuming, unless the motor is out of the car then it's much easier.

back to your pcm deal. If you want a truck pcm you could use 05 or 04, because the main difrence in the 2 was that the 05 has trans support and the 04 doesn't (if your looking at programmers, for custom tuning) but seeing how your removing the trans alltogther, that should not matter. I'll get a price on a pcm for you and I could have it sent direct to hotwire, they could flash it and send it off to you, that would save some shipping time for ya.

I looked on ebay and I could only find one pcm on there for an 05. They want 199.99 for it I have an 05 pcm and will let you have it for 75 plus shipping if your intrested. That is the price I was quoted. I'm not making money here just looking to help someone out. And saving you 125 should just about cover the cost of the flash. Let me know if your intrested.

I have a 06 Durango computer,Came with my motor Steve

-
Back