-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Frick

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
For sale - Ed Hamburger 340 Cylinder Heads. Bought 36 years ago having visions of creating a killer bracket car. Heads have never been on a motor. Still in original burlap. Took springs off one head, removed valve seals (seals were on intake only), set head on 340 block and noticed that the intake pushrods needed to be offset similar to W2's, didn't want to spend money on new valve train for a street motor, took heads off, put springs back on, put back in burlap.

Looking for $1200 for the pair. Buyer provides shipping or pickup.

Located in Erie, Pennsylvania.

Ed Hamburger 340 Racing Heads.jpg

Ed Hamburger 340 Racing Heads 1.jpg

Ed Hamburger 340 Racing Heads 2.jpg

Ed Hamburger 340 Racing Heads 3.jpg

Ed Hamburger 340 Racing Heads 4.jpg

Ed Hamburger 340 Racing Heads 5.jpg

That would be good. But also wanted to see what he did on the push rod pinch. Did he take them completely out?
Do you have any flow numbers?
I was afraid you'd ask for flow numbers lol. No. I bought them from a speed shop years ago.

The intake pushrods have like a 15 degree angle to them instead of being straight up and down. It looks like the intake rocker arms have to definitely be different. I'm guessing he had to do this to gain space in the intake ports. I set one on the block and when I tried to install an intake pushrod I was like what the heck is this.

Hello have u checked intake bolt pattern are they still reg LA bolt pattern or W2 ?
Thanks Chris
Pretty sure they are LA bolt pattern as they look to be a stock set of "J" heads ported and with the intake pushrods moved to allow material to be added. If you look at the one photo you can see material added and I think the intake pushrod hole ground away.

Do u have any paper work to support ur claim? Or some reference material?Thanks. Kim
Sadly I don't. I'll try and check. I just put them on my block and when I noticed the odd intake pushrod positioning I thought it was to much trouble buying a new rocker arm setup for a simple street motor.

I could be wrong, it's happened before lol. Wonder if I could get it from the casting numbers in the pictures? Maybe one is actually a part number from Chrysler?

Those look like T/A heads.
And I'm not sure this helps either. One of the casting numbers on the head is 3418915, possibly "G"? I'd have to zoom into picture or take a better look at the head.

The good thing is at 64 years of age I'm getting a good workout from lifting these heads and moving them around lol.

Small block Mopar casting Numbers Heads.png

I think Ed modified heads for better push rod clearance & used TA adjustable rockers for the push rod offset. I remember reading something about his cylinder heads a bunch of years ago in PRH, or HR magazines.

I think Ed modified heads for better push rod clearance & used TA adjustable rockers for the push rod offset. I remember reading something about his cylinder heads a bunch of years ago in PRH, or HR magazines.
I found the casting number in I think the 2nd picture but I can't see what the last number or letter is. I had big plans for these but that intake pushrod angle between the lifter and the rocker arm was a no go for me. Now it sounds like my intake manifold may not have fit since it for stock heads.

The intake shouldn't be affected by the pushrod location, if you have a set of adjustable ductile iron rocker arms bolt them on & you will see if there is a difference in the rocker arm location.

And I'm not sure this helps either. One of the casting numbers on the head is 3418915, possibly "G"? I'd have to zoom into picture or take a better look at the head.

The good thing is at 64 years of age I'm getting a good workout from lifting these heads and moving them around lol.

View attachment 1715579717
Mike there were no special markings on all T/A heads service heads also came marked as 360 castings as they had to be replaceable for 7 years after being built. I think early actual purpose built T/A 340 production complete motors may have had T/A marked heads. *Pay attention to the “think” and “may” in my last sentence for the experts.* Also IF they are T/A they require their own style offset rocker arms Harlan Sharp and T.&D. Offer roller tip rockers for them.

Last edited:
As said before...TA heads are J O U Z or what ever .....with a offsetted pushrod.....Casting numbers are the same as the production heads....360 cast into heads...
You can drill a offset pushrod on any SB mopar head...and get the same benefits as a TA head....

they were a different part number....but there is no part number on the heads...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back