Eddies Vs 915 J's

-
Exactly ^^^^^^^^ dyno numbers are pretty much worthless since there are dynos out there that are happy as a lark. Not to mention I've never seen a dyno lay down any numbers at the drag strip. The drag strip oughtta be the end all be all in terms of figuring power. Anything else is just a bunch of bullshit.

Si...

With what you mention as cam size, and a rough idea of the RPM's mid-lift abilities - I feel confident saying you can eclipse the 400hp mark with a maxrpm of 7K. Peak power will be lower than 7, but so will your total output be lower than it could be with a larger cam. I don't think 450 will come with the lower end you have. Especially given the need to customize the pistons to work with them. If you had a clean slate, could run a flat top, high static ratio, a tight chamber, etc etc etc, then yes. I think it's doable with enough cam and compression. But not with what you have as a shortblock. I also think the compromise with adding the heads will be loss of some lower end torque. You will make more power at peak torque - but it will be a more peaky power curve, and pushed up in the rpm band from where it is now. The car will still feel faster - the heads take a bunch of weight right off the tallest point over the front wheels.

Wow, I've heard before that domes aren't as efficient as flat tops and a closed chamber, but 50hp less? I was thinking like...maybe 5.

The dome takes a meagre 4.7CC out of the chamber (plus the volume of the valve reliefs or about 5cc, so 9.7CC total).

No - i said a blank slate. Meaning tricks in the long block to make more power on pump fuel. It's not just the domes. Things like narrow rings, wall finish, quench, etc that can be much better designed when you're not making parts fit after the fact.

-
Back